cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO not communicating with Agents

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please bear with me i am very new to ePO 4.5.

I recently took on a role too look after some infrastruture as the last engineer left. One of these roles was to maintain the ePO 4.5 Server.

I am trying to deploy agents from the ePO console to say a server on the same subnet but it just sits there saying 0% in progress for 6 minutes than says expired.
Is tehre somewhere i can look for more indepth logs that may be causing the problem?

Thank you for your time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: ePO not communicating with Agents

Jump to solution

Hi,

I've discovered the issue... IIS had taken over port 443 i believe so the epo apache service had failed. Sorry im really new so... blah.. yea... anyway stopped iisadmin started apache service... all is well again.

Thank you Hem for replying.

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Oh also all the manager servers says last communication 28/04/2012 whichw as a month ago.. which doens't sound very good to me.. and alot of the servers with agents installed say.. inactive agent on them. When wakup up agent it also fails...
I thought i'd tackle on problem at a time so i guess knowing where the logs are would be a good start

hem
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Is ePO new install or upgrade from previous version? If upgrade then please look at the file version of DcRedirect.xml file (\epo\server\conf\catlina\localhost). If the version is showing older version then please backup the file and modify the version to version showing in the console.

hem
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

If machines are managed from Agent handler then please look at KB#: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB71672&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=...

Jump to solution

Hi,

I've discovered the issue... IIS had taken over port 443 i believe so the epo apache service had failed. Sorry im really new so... blah.. yea... anyway stopped iisadmin started apache service... all is well again.

Thank you Hem for replying.