cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ePO: new installation to existing (empty) database

Is it possible to use an already existing database while doing a fresh install of ePO? The installer detects the existing database and only offers to delete the database ... Are there some command line options to override this behaviour? Thanks for any help.
5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: ePO: new installation to existing (empty) database

Hello @User36779936 ,

For using existing database to fresh version of EPO, you have to make sure you are using same version of Epo which was previously used with that database.

Most Imp: That database should have epo server snapshot stored in it. Follow below kb for same.

Kb66616

IF you planned to use higher version of epo with old database. It will not work as expected.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
Highlighted

Thanks for your answer. Sorry I was unclear with my question: I do not want to recover from a snapshat.

I just want to re-use an empty but already existing database ...

I'd like the installer to just skip the creation of the database ... and continue with creating the required tables.

Is that possible?

Kind regards
Markus

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Hello @User36779936 ,

*YES IT IS POSSIBLE*

I would like to thank you for this query, I have replicated this scenario in my environment and it works fine with EPO 5.9 and 5.10.

Steps to proceed:

1. Create a Blank database > The credentials from which you created should have Public or Dbcreator. from KB75766

2. Run installation of EPO fresh > skip restore part > while installation it will ask for database credentials> select the server on which your blank database is located> provide exact name of your blank database.

3. proceed with the installation it will work fine.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

From my experience, default database ePO creates will be ePO_<machine name>. If you have created Empty database and wanted to install ePO then it should be good.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

@User36779936 ,

One more thing which is important here, when you are trying the installation with EPO 5.10 . Make sure you are creating two databases , eg;

1. Test

2. Test_Events

Test is the primary database and Test_Events is the events database, In place of test you can use any name.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community