Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikest
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

ePO fails to sync with Active Directory

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the community and hope I'm asking this in the right location.

We have a company policy that requires periodic changing of the domain administrator password.  After we changed it last week, ePO started failing everytime it tried to sync with Active Directory.  the error message in the EpoApSvr.log file is:

20110228102512     E     #5900     epo_ldap     Bind Failed, error = Invalid Credentials (49)

There are similar errors in the knowledge base (which I can't bring up because the KB seems to be temporarily unavailable), but the problem is not invalid credentials (as I recall).

does anyone know how/where I might solve this?

FWIW, after we changed our domain admin password last week, we lost our ability to login and had to https://localhost:8443/core/config to manually change the password so that we could log back in.  That didn't fix the AD Sync problem though.  did it cause it?

Is there another location in the ePO console where we're supposed to type in the new password?

I'm not sure why it would matter, but we're using windows 2008 Server (64-bit) and ePO 4.5.

5 Replies
mikest
Level 7
Message 2 of 6

After I posted this, I saw a link in the 'More Like This' sidebar that described the problem I am having:

https://community.mcafee.com/message/98390#98390

It looks promising, but when I try to perform the required actions, the SAVE button is greyed out, as are the fields where I can enter the AD Credentials.  I can configure the PUSH AGENT settings (which are currently listed as 'NOT CONFIGURED'), but the SAVE button is still greyed out.  And when I try to SELECT THE ACTIVE DIRECTORY CONTAINER, I get an error message indicating that it is "UNABLE TO AUTHENTICATE TO LDAP SERVER"

any help would be greatly appreciated.

what patch version installed along with ePO 4.5.....

Restart all the McAfee service and try again......

Not sure the below McAfee KB article help to solve the problem.....but try it...

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB69587

....Sundar....

hem
Level 15
Message 4 of 6

Re: ePO fails to sync with Active Directory

Are you using SSL or non SSL LDAP?

I will suggest you to create a Registered LDAP server in ePO (Menu=>Configuration=>Registered server), write the credentials and try to do 'Test connection'. Is 'Test connection' working there?

In AD Sync point, select Group details=>Synchronization type>AD, try to connect with Registered LDAP server and try to connect to AD.

If still Save button is grayed then I suspect, this is because of DB is full.

Which version of SQL are you using and how much free space you have. Try purging and shrinking some of the old events from DB.

on 1/3/11 2:12:43 AM IST
mikest
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

Thank you for your advice.  I went into Menu/Configuration/Registered server and configured the credentials and it fixed it.

we don:t use SSL or SSL LDAP and the database server (SQL Server 2008) is new so I think the problem was simply the changed password.

Thank you again though for your help.  I'm glad I became a part of this community.

mikest
Level 7
Message 6 of 6

Thank you!  This fixed it.