Did you mean: 
afawad
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

ePO doesn't push the updates and policies to all servers

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

I am using ePO 5.3.2 with VSE 8.8 and Agent Version 5.0.5 in my environment.

Recently I have encountered a weird problem. which is the ePO doesn't push the updates and policies to all servers it just pushes the updates and tasks to some of the servers. However, the agents are connected to ePO server and logs show it is receiving the policies and updates but still the task or police are not showing in VSE.

I have checked the firewall ports are allowed and it’s communicating with EPO.

Any help would be highly appreciated.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee moekhass
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Re: ePO doesn't push the updates and policies to all servers

Jump to solution

Thanks for clarification. If they are in the same container, they should all receive same set of policies. Are the agent versions different? Consider fully removing agent from one of those non-working system and do a fresh install of Agent.

By the way, do check for extension updates. I know it's not where the issue is but it couldn't hurt.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
McAfee Employee moekhass
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

​, Welcome to McAfee community.

Just a basic question, is there some kind of inheritance setting you have enabled or tag based policy assignment rules? Where are in the system tree are you applying those policies and where are the systems located?

afawad
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Systems are located in the SubGroups and tag-based policy have been enabled on all systems.

One main policy is created for On-Demand Full Scan at My Organization level and then 14 subgroups didnt inherit the scan policy due to the date and time change.

Let's say there is a group which has more than 20 servers half of the group members updated the policies and half of them didnt. however, they are in the same group with the same policy and same network configuration.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee moekhass
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks for clarification. If they are in the same container, they should all receive same set of policies. Are the agent versions different? Consider fully removing agent from one of those non-working system and do a fresh install of Agent.

By the way, do check for extension updates. I know it's not where the issue is but it couldn't hurt.

View solution in original post

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Is it tasks or policies, or both that the agents are not receiving?  If the task is tag based, please verify the systems have the required tags.  The logs that are most helpful are the masvc.log and mcscript.log that are located in c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community