cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ePO displays initialization errors at the login screen

It appears that I cannot get a backup of the database from around that time nor can I perform a DR of the server.

If I was to rebuild the server with the same name, IP etc, would the agents automatically continue to contact the server or would they need to be reinstalled?

Also, is there a guide anywhere that would run my through a complete fresh build of ePO?

This is looking like my best option at this point & probably the least time consuming.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 27

They will need to be reinstalled if you have no backup. 

Can you get an output of these queries first?

select * from eposerverinfo

select * from orionregisteredservers

select * from epoagenthandlerkeydata

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor Troja
Reliable Contributor
Message 13 of 27

Hello,

if the database is okay and there are just files missing. Install a Test EPO Server and copy the missing Extension files to the EPO Server file system.
If your database is not completely corrupted you can repair your EPO installation.

When the Tomcat (Application Server Service) starts it check if the database entries for extension and the files in the extension directory on EPO server if anything is fine. If there is a difference you get this error.

What has been changed in the EPO environment before the problem started?

Cheers

Highlighted

Our SQL database appears to be intact.

The problem started when a user account had to be removed from our domain.

I have logged in to the software download portal but do not see any area where I can download legacy versions of the ePO server?

The only version that I can see is 5.9.0 & the guide for the restore says to use the exact same version. I do not have a copy of the original download either.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 15 of 27

Database can't entirely be intact if you don't have an option for epo registered server and the local epo registration is missing.  That is a critical failure there.  Please get the output of the queries I sent to see if this can possibly be fixed.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

I have attached the output of those sql queries.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 17 of 27

ok the db has the correct server information.  In sql management studio, check permissions on the account used to connect to the database.

Go to security, logins and go to properties of that account.

What is set under server roles and user mapping?

User mapping is most critical.  When you click the epo database, it should have public and db owner.

On the general tab of properties, what is its default database?  It needs to be master - does not need to be dbo of master, just has to be able to read (public) from system stored procedures and functions.

Also, on the account you are logged into epo with, is that a global admin?

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 18 of 27

Also check KB84390 to see if that applies.

check also KB79963

Are you getting any errors in the epoapsvr.log regarding database initialization?

Was my reply helpful?

I have checked the account & it has public & db owner set, all other properties mirror the account that was removed.

I did notice that in the output from the select * from orionregisteredservers query, that the epo server (line 12) has the old login information so I am guessing that is my problem, whereas the next line for the ldap server has the correct information.

Is there anyway to change this configuration outside of the epo portal as I don't see the option to edit that from within the console?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 20 of 27

You can bring that up with your support person on your ticket.  They can assist

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community