Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bsp
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

ePO deployment kit product deployment fails

Hello,

We are trying to use ePO deployment kit. There are several questions I want to ask:

1. Can we use ePO deployment kit to execute os commands on the remote endpoints (by writing them in bat file)?

2. I am trying to do following deployment but product deployment fails:

@echo off
pushd "%~dp0"

<<windows commands>>
popd
exit /B 0

but it is failing. Can anyone help me in doing this?

Any help is appreciated!

3 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: ePO deployment kit product deployment fails

If you run the same commands in cmd locally, does it run?  You might want to add some logging to output the results to a file to see if there are any issues.  Also, you can check the mcscript log for any errors (or mcscript deploy log if it exists) and windows event logs for any possible errors.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

bsp
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Hi cdinet,

How are you? I hope you are doing great.

Thanks for replying & pardon me for troubling again but I will brief you about what I am doing.

Okay, so I am trying to run the following script which works fine when run locally:

@echo off
       :: Set path to current product folder
       pushd "%~dp0"
       :: Get software package source directory and set as variable SRCDIR
       SET SRCDIR=
       for /f "delims=" %%a in ('cd') do @set SRCDIR=%%a

%compsec% "%SRCDIR%\whoami.EXE"
       Exit /B 0

I am generating a zip file using the kit and then following this steps in ePO:

master repo -> check in package -> browse zip and save -> product deployment -> new deployment -> filling all details -> running

It takes a lot of time (around 20 minutes) to get the result which says it failed.
I don't know what I am doing wrong. Any guesses?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Check the masvc log on the client to make sure that it got the task, then check mcscript log for what happened when it ran.  Depending on the version of the agent, there may be an mcscript deploy log for deployment tasks.  I can't guess what the problem would be without some data.  Did you look also at the application and system event logs on the client to see if there were any errors?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator