cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pierce
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

ePO communicating with agents sporadically - "server is too busy" and "failed to connect"

Jump to solution

Hey All,

Since Friday my ePO (5.1.0) has been throwing strange errors, nothing was changed to this server to my knowledge.

The server.log shows the follow sorts of errors repeatedly

20151006093336E#05260NAIMSERVnaSPIPE.cpp(338): Failed to connect to "internal IP address":8081, network error was 10060
20151006093336E#05260NAIMSERVServer failed to wake up machinename.domain.com, detailed error = -999
20151006093337E#06244MOD_EPOServer is too busy (245 connections) to process request
20151006093337E#03120MOD_EPOServer is too busy (245 connections) to process request

Also checking agent handler page i keep seeing my agent handler in DMZ and on ePo going into inactive mode, restarting the apache process brings it back out of inactive mode but this is every twenty mins or so.

McAfee told me to add more ram as its a resource issue(server has 8GB, SQL is on another box and its currently using 4GB).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pierce
Level 13
Message 6 of 6

Re: ePO communicating with agents sporadically - "server is too busy" and "failed to connect"

Jump to solution

Found the issue, buried in the logs were one event mentioning LDAP failure.

Sure enough one of our LDAP connections was failing as someone changed the service account password, updated the password and tested. then restarted ePO and Agent handler and everything is working well again.

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: ePO communicating with agents sporadically - "server is too busy" and "failed to connect"

Jump to solution

I believe this was resolved in 5.1.1 or 5.1.2 waiting for the KB to load now to confirm. Hotfix 1 also resolves a fair amount of issues. Sorry the KB will not load so I'm not able to verify the fixes. Do you have any hotfixes installed? I'll try to add more once the articles load.

pierce
Level 13
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

I thought I had a hotfix or two installed, ill go off and look. Seems strange that server has been running fine for a year and now suddenly this!

And I do have a plan to upgrade, unfortunately the last 5 attempts have all failed miserably, even with McAfee support.

Jump to solution

Were the failed updates to 5.1.1 or a different version? If you tried to update and had to roll back it's possible the hotfixes were removed.

pierce
Level 13
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Yeah failed going to 5.1.1, however we had snapshotted the server so just restored to the known good state with latest hotfixes.

Ill get back on phone to mcafee and see what they say, something must have changed to cause this just need to work out what!

pierce
Level 13
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Found the issue, buried in the logs were one event mentioning LDAP failure.

Sure enough one of our LDAP connections was failing as someone changed the service account password, updated the password and tested. then restarted ePO and Agent handler and everything is working well again.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community