cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ePO clone and upgrade

Jump to solution

Hi I have a few questions:

I want to do an in place upgrade from ePO 4.6.7 to ePO 5.1 and also want to do an in-place upgrade from Windows Server 2008R2 to Windows Server 2012R2. Which one should I do first? Are both supported? If yes please provide me some documentation to achieve this.

I also want to build a second ePO 4.6.7 server, clone our production ePO database and point the second ePO server to the cloned DB. This second server would be used to test the upgrade process before proceeding with the production server upgrade. How would you achieve this?

I use ePO for Drive Encryption, Management of Native Encryption and EEFF.

Thank you,

-Pierre

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: ePO clone and upgrade

Jump to solution

Hello Pierre,

1. Check the upgrade path of the ePO (check whether ePO can be upgraded from 4.6.7 to 5.1.1)

2. Run the upgrade compatibility tool in 4.6.7 ePO server (tool can be found in ePO 5.1.1 setup) which creates migrate package
3. Backup required files and folders and copy the DB file and log file to another location follow the article McAfee KnowledgeBase -
4. Run upgrade compatibility tool and select target and import the migrate package in the new server .
5. Run ePO setup , the setup continues are normal upgrade

Thanks,
Avinash.

2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello Pierre,

1. Check the upgrade path of the ePO (check whether ePO can be upgraded from 4.6.7 to 5.1.1)

2. Run the upgrade compatibility tool in 4.6.7 ePO server (tool can be found in ePO 5.1.1 setup) which creates migrate package
3. Backup required files and folders and copy the DB file and log file to another location follow the article McAfee KnowledgeBase -
4. Run upgrade compatibility tool and select target and import the migrate package in the new server .
5. Run ePO setup , the setup continues are normal upgrade

Thanks,
Avinash.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick support, I'll try this out.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center