cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO check in doesn't work remotely

If i try to check-in a package using ePO, it only works from the actual server where ePO is installed. If i connect to ePO from another pc on the network i get the following error when i browse for a package:
"The file path is not valid. It must be a fully qualified file path."

so i logged into the server using remote desktop instead, and it worked fine.

surely the point of having a web interface is so that configuration can be done remotely?

:confused:
6 Replies

Re: ePO check in doesn't work remotely

Reviving an extreamly old topic but i get the same msg in epo 4.6. How did this got resolved. Is it a setting somewhere ?

thanks

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 7

Based on the KB53878, this particular error was reported when using FireFox which was not a supported browser at that time (ePO 4.0).  This should not be the case anylonger.

Which browser version are you using ?

Firefox 4.0 on ePO 4.6

Dont know if someonelse can verify if it`s the case once again !

max

Must add that i use the switcher agent for firefox 4.0 set to ie 8

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 7

I see. I dont have an ePO 4.6 console handy to test it -  please  try using a regular supported browser config such as IE 8 or Firefox 3.6 and verify.

I am not sure if Firefox 4.0 falls under the supported configuration. The installation guide only lists four particular browser versions:
Firefox 3.5 & 3.6, IE 7.0 and IE 8.0.

it does work with ie, and chrome with user agent set to either ff 3.x or iex. In ff 4 with agent switcher set to ieX it does not work....

good to know....

anyway, thanks.