cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ePO and upgrade for ENS

Jump to solution

In the environment we have an old ePO server. New licenses have been purchased with the latest versions.

Will we create a new server and install the latest ePO and relative to the old version, can we install the agent and ENS remotely through the new console?

Or do you need to uninstall the old versions before installing ENS? Can you install from above?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Re: ePO and upgrade for ENS

Jump to solution

It is supposed to remove VSE.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

3 Replies
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi TiagoToledo2

You could re-deploy a new agent from your new ePO server to the client estate as you suggest.

As you have two ePO servers it maybe a faster and simpler operating to ‘migrate’ from one server to another server, the following should be helpful to you in that operation:

How to migrate policies and systems from one ePO server to another
Technical Articles ID: KB88822

Endpoint Security Upgrade Project Planning Guide
Product Documentation ID: PD27093

Endpoint Security 10.5.0 Migration Guide
Product Documentation ID: PD26801

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Many thanks for the reply Hawkmoon.

But if you send the ENS installation remotely, will it remove the viruscan (legacy) and successfully install the ENS?

Or need to uninstall the viruscan first and then install the ENS?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

It is supposed to remove VSE.

Was my reply helpful?