cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO agent on Windows 7 doesn't seem to work

Version installed : ePO 3.6 Server & McAfee Agent 3.6

Hi

Would you plz help me.?

I know 3.6 version won't work in windows7.

What about on XP mode in Virtual PC? As Virtual PC provides the same environment as windows XP, it should work.

I installed McAfee antiVirus and spyware and tried to install ePO agents(ver. 3.6) with a hope it would defenitely work.

But..it never seems to communicate with server and machine information doesn't appear in the EPO server.  I also did ping test, and it worked.

I don't know what causes this...I tried every possibility that I could..I think something blocks a traffic to Server

Do you have any idea?

thanks   

5 Replies

Re: ePO agent on Windows 7 doesn't seem to work

Is there any special reason why you have to use agent 3.6?  Why not try 4.0 sp 3 at least.

McAfee Agent 3.6 is not supported on Windows 7.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB65897 - Master Articles for EPO 4.5

http://www.mcafee.com/us/enterprise/support/customer_service/end_life.html - Service Lifecycle List for McAfee Products.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60468 - The McAfee answer relating to your specific question. In a nutshell it won't work properly because the product your referencing is End of Life (EOL)

You really need to move to EPO 4.0 or higher if you want to support Windows 7.

Message was edited by: Robert Rathbun on 1/27/10 11:59:39 AM GMT-05:00

hmm..even in the Virtual XP mode??

Not sure why you would want to run outdated software, but it will probably run. Keep in mind XP Mode is really Windows XP running inside a virtual machine on the free version of Windows XP that Microsoft is giving away.

This is not a very scalable solution, and it's extremely difficult to manage since you have another layer of management on an already outdated OS. In my humble opinion this is really asking for trouble, but go ahead and try if that's all your company can afford.

Good Luck.

Moving to EPO 4.5 with patch 1 is a much better idea if I was in your situation...

Message was edited by: Robert Rathbun on 1/27/10 8:51:05 PM GMT-05:00
Highlighted

thanks for your opinion..

Our company is still using 3.6 version, and now considering to migrate to 4.0 in the near future.

the reason I'm doing this is I need to deploy test on my another labtop which has windows 7 on it before migration.

Since I had understood it's not gonna run on Win7, I used Virtual PC to test, instead. But, it didn't work as I already mentioned.

This is a history why I stick to outdated software ....

anyway, many thanks,

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community