cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO agent deployment in specific System Tree

I am trying to deploy ePO agent through our Config Manager. I push the installation using Frampkg.exe /install=agent /silent sucessfully. But the computer went to Lost&Found directory which is the default behaviour. Is there anyway to make the computers go to the right System Tree Group in ePO 5?

The reason is I have a  specific Client Task for installing different product in each group

4 Replies

Re: ePO agent deployment in specific System Tree

Did you check the management criteria for sorting the clients into the different branches? How do you want to sort the clients? by ip?

Best regards
Dan

@Daniel_S

I would like to separate Servers and Workstations, it is doable using IP address as they are in separate cubnet, but it is not prefereable

@fuzziest

That will add management overhead as when deploying new machine we would like to automate everything including computer name. That is why we would like to add the ePO agent as part of Task Sequence in Config Manager

Okay this is exactly how we do it. We have groups for our different domains sorting the systems by ip. And underneath we have a group server and a group workstation where the systems are sorted by tag. the server and workstation tags are set automatically. When you set the autosort option everything should work as you like to.

Best regards
Dan

If you are NOT automatically sorting systems, then you can create the system tree branch you want to put the machine in, then add a new system in that branch and give it the host name of your client. Then when the agent starts communicating, it will know where it belongs in the system tree instead of going to Lost & Found.