Re: ePO Web API info

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for you response;

I had tried with epo admin credentials as well and the issue remains same;

Regards,

Mahesh

Jump to solution

I executed using the ePO admin credentials but still i am seeing the same permission issue. do we know what permission set we need for the user to use the webapi for ePO?

Regards,

Mahesh

McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 51

Jump to solution

Hi Maheshnaidu,

Can I suggest that for the moment you DO NOT use permissions sets at all at this time!

As has been mentioned by Daniel_S and johma you appear to have a permission issue of some sort stopping this from working as desired.

Both myself and johma worked on this problem (johma post earlier) and worked out a command that does work for you. In that testing we had no idea what permissions set(s) you are using, so we worked without any at all and as shown in our testing we had no issue at all.
The conclusion is as others have said you have a permission matter, so for the moment please test again WITHOUT any permission set applied.

Should that work, then an awkward and I'm sorry to say somewhat long winded way to work out what the permission set issue is needs to be done!

You will need to remove all of them and add one permission set function at a time and test if the WEB API activity still completes. At some point it will fail, at that step the last permission added can be said to be the issue here.
When it fails, remove all the others leaving the one that triggered the 'failure', and test the WEB API action again.

If it fails you have clear evidence that 'it' whatever 'it' is, is the issue!

If it completes you will need to add, one of the previous settings one at a time until it fails again.

if the latter is true then you have identified two permission actions that appear to be at odds with each other, you will need to review them and make a decision as to what one is retained or not

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Thank you for all the technical information shared, it was very helpful; 

I was able to execute the first command and it exported all the queries ID in a text file, however the next command when i execute with the query ID its giving an error; 432 is the query ID which created for my requirement.

curl -k -u admin:adminpw https://eposerverip:8443/remote/core.listQueries?queryId=432

Error 0 :
Error setting parameters for command: core.listQueries

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Mahesh

McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 15 of 51

Jump to solution

Hi Maheshnaidu,

That's interesting, myself and 'johma' were not expecting that. 🤔

You created a query in ePO (saved it) to collect the following details:

• Assignment Path
  • System Name
  • IP Address
  • Operating System
  • Last Update
  • Product Version (VirusScan Enterprise)
  • DAT Version (VirusScan Enterprise)
  • Engine Version (VirusScan Enterprise)
  • Product Version (Endpoint Security Platform)
  • Product Version (Endpoint Security Threat Prevention)
  • Product Version (Endpoint Security Firewall)
  • AMCore Content Version
  • AMCore Engine Version
  • AMCORE Date
  • DAT Version (Non-Windows)
  • DAT Date

Then via the API run the command adding your query Id to the end:

curl -k -u admin:adminpw https://eposerverip:8443/remote/core.listQueries?queryId=432

Nothing extra, nothing  added no new steps to the process yet get the result:

Error 0 :
Error setting parameters for command: core.listQueries

Question:
You just run the command:

curl -k -u admin:adminpw https://eposerverip:8443/remote/core.listQueries?

It runs and (should) return a long list of queries one of them with the ID of 432? 👍

If you create a small query to collect just one or two values, example: 'ip address' & 'system name', then run the command again for this new query, does it complete as expected?

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response, i found a issue in the command changed the command as below and it worked 🙂

curl -k -u admin:adminpw https://eposerverip:8443/remote/core.executeQuery?queryId=432

I really appreciate all your assistance in helping me out.

Regards,

Mahesh

Jump to solution

Hello Everyone,

Could someone assist and know if ePO 4.0 version supports web API?

I am looking for some assistance in capturing the data from ePO 4.o via webapi. I know its way old version of ePO , but any input from anyone will be much appriciated.

Regards,

Mahesh

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 18 of 51

Jump to solution

As far as I remember about 4.0, I don't believe it is supported.  You can try this command to see if it shows any functionality that you want. 

https://localhost:8443/remote/core.help

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution
Apologize! I didn't mention the ePO version.. I'm trying this in ePO 5.9.1 and when i checked with the list of queries in help, i was able to see this in that list!
Sabari Kumar KB
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 20 of 51

Jump to solution

Good deal!  I was responding to Maheshnaidu on the 4.0 version of epo, but glad you found what you needed.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community