cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ePO Web API info

Jump to solution

Thanks for this information, i did try as you recommended, and used the below query but still i am getting the error;

curl -k -u admin "https://ePOIP:8080/remote/core.executeQuery?target=EPOLeafNode&Select=(Select+EPOComputerProperties...." -o prodreport.csv

Error setting parameters for command: core.executeQuery

Below is the SQL view captured based on your recommendation, however i had used only few columns in the above command to test it, but still its failing. Not sure i am missing something here. 

select [EPOLeafNode].[NodeName], [EPOLeafNode].[ManagedState], [EPOLeafNode].[LastUpdate], [EPOComputerProperties].[IPV4x], dbo.epofn_EPOComputer_GetOS (EPOLeafNode.AutoID), [EPOProdPropsView_EPOAGENT].[productversion], [EPOProdPropsView_ENDPOINTSECURITYPLATFORM].[productversion], [EPOProdPropsView_THREATPREVENTION].[productversion], [AM_CustomProps].[ManifestVersion], [AM_CustomProps].[EngineVersion], [AM_CustomProps].[AMCoreContentDate], [AM_CustomProps].[AVCMGRbComplianceStatus], [AM_CustomProps].[V2DATVersion], [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[productversion], [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[datver], [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[enginever64], [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[enginever], [MDCC_ACCOUNT].[NAME], [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_awsSquid].[image_id], [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_awsSquid].[instance_id], [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_awsSquid].[instance_name], [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_awsSquid].[launch_time], [MDCC_EP_SEC_REPORT_VIEW].[POWER_STATUS], [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_azurermSquid].[created_time], [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_azurermSquid].[image_id], [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_azurermSquid].[instance_id], [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_azurermSquid].[vm_name], [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] from [EPOLeafNode] left join [EPOComputerProperties] on [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] = [EPOComputerProperties].[ParentID] left join [AM_CustomProps] on [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] = [AM_CustomProps].[LeafNodeID] left join [EPOProdPropsView_ENDPOINTSECURITYPLATFORM] on [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] = [EPOProdPropsView_ENDPOINTSECURITYPLATFORM].[LeafNodeID] left join [MDCC_VM_INFO] on [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] = [MDCC_VM_INFO].[EPO_LEAF_NODE_ID] left join [MDCC_EP_SEC_REPORT_VIEW] on [MDCC_VM_INFO].[AUTO_ID] = [MDCC_EP_SEC_REPORT_VIEW].[AUTO_ID] left join [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_azurermSquid] on [MDCC_VM_INFO].[AUTO_ID] = [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_azurermSquid].[VM_INFO_ID] left join [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_awsSquid] on [MDCC_VM_INFO].[AUTO_ID] = [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_awsSquid].[VM_INFO_ID] left join [MDCC_ACCOUNT] on [MDCC_VM_INFO].[ACCOUNT_ID] = [MDCC_ACCOUNT].[AUTO_ID] left join [EPOProdPropsView_EPOAGENT] on [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] = [EPOProdPropsView_EPOAGENT].[LeafNodeID] left join [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN] on [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] = [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[LeafNodeID] left join [EPOProdPropsView_THREATPREVENTION] on [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] = [EPOProdPropsView_THREATPREVENTION].[LeafNodeID] order by [EPOLeafNode].[NodeName] asc

Jump to solution

Here is the full query used and still not working, could someone please assist in writing the correct query using the table columns given below 

curl -k -u admin "https://ePOIP:8080/remote/core.executeQuery?target=EPOLeafNode&Select=(Select+EPOComputerProperties.ComputerName+EPOComputerProperties.IPAddress+EPOLeafNode.LastUpdate+EPOComputerProperties.OSType+EPOLeafNode.ManagedState+EPOProdPropsView_EPOAGENT.productversion)" -o prodreport.csv

select [EPOLeafNode].[NodeName], [EPOLeafNode].[ManagedState], [EPOLeafNode].[LastUpdate], [EPOComputerProperties].[IPV4x], dbo.epofn_EPOComputer_GetOS (EPOLeafNode.AutoID), [EPOProdPropsView_EPOAGENT].[productversion], [EPOProdPropsView_ENDPOINTSECURITYPLATFORM].[productversion], [EPOProdPropsView_THREATPREVENTION].[productversion], [AM_CustomProps].[ManifestVersion], [AM_CustomProps].[EngineVersion], [AM_CustomProps].[AMCoreContentDate], [AM_CustomProps].[AVCMGRbComplianceStatus], [AM_CustomProps].[V2DATVersion], [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[productversion], [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[datver], [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[enginever64], [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[enginever], [MDCC_ACCOUNT].[NAME], [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_awsSquid].[image_id], [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_awsSquid].[instance_id], [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_awsSquid].[instance_name], [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_awsSquid].[launch_time], [MDCC_EP_SEC_REPORT_VIEW].[POWER_STATUS], [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_azurermSquid].[created_time], [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_azurermSquid].[image_id], [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_azurermSquid].[instance_id], [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_azurermSquid].[vm_name], [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] from [EPOLeafNode] left join [EPOComputerProperties] on [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] = [EPOComputerProperties].[ParentID] left join [AM_CustomProps] on [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] = [AM_CustomProps].[LeafNodeID] left join [EPOProdPropsView_ENDPOINTSECURITYPLATFORM] on [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] = [EPOProdPropsView_ENDPOINTSECURITYPLATFORM].[LeafNodeID] left join [MDCC_VM_INFO] on [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] = [MDCC_VM_INFO].[EPO_LEAF_NODE_ID] left join [MDCC_EP_SEC_REPORT_VIEW] on [MDCC_VM_INFO].[AUTO_ID] = [MDCC_EP_SEC_REPORT_VIEW].[AUTO_ID] left join [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_azurermSquid] on [MDCC_VM_INFO].[AUTO_ID] = [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_azurermSquid].[VM_INFO_ID] left join [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_awsSquid] on [MDCC_VM_INFO].[AUTO_ID] = [MDCC_CLOUD_VM_PROPS_VW_awsSquid].[VM_INFO_ID] left join [MDCC_ACCOUNT] on [MDCC_VM_INFO].[ACCOUNT_ID] = [MDCC_ACCOUNT].[AUTO_ID] left join [EPOProdPropsView_EPOAGENT] on [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] = [EPOProdPropsView_EPOAGENT].[LeafNodeID] left join [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN] on [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] = [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[LeafNodeID] left join [EPOProdPropsView_THREATPREVENTION] on [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] = [EPOProdPropsView_THREATPREVENTION].[LeafNodeID] order by [EPOLeafNode].[NodeName] asc

Jump to solution

its ePO v5.9.1, I will try to check in new version i my lab

Jump to solution

do you mean, i need to export the complete data which gets executed from the query?

McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 45 of 51

Jump to solution

No, I was just giving that query as an example - you can edit it to return the information you need. What results does your current query return? It should be possible to get the same results from an ad-hoc query as opposed to executing the existing ePO query.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 46 of 51

Jump to solution

From the SR that you opened, try this:

Its the + symbols 
Curl or URL encoding doesn't need that - use %20 for space characters instead
for the output, use this:

-o/--output <file>

Write output to <file> instead of stdout.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

This query is very inconsistent, its does not work all the time.

Is there a better way to capture the data using McAfee WebAPI?

Regards,

Mahesh

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 48 of 51

Jump to solution

In what way doesn't it work?  You can refer to the web api scripting guide for running ad-hoc queries and customize your queries for the data you want.  We don't write them for you, but you can also post under the community for McAfee open source here to see if they can assist better.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

when i say its not consistent , the same query work for couple of days and it does not work another day as it gets hung no output for many hours.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 50 of 51

Jump to solution

You might want to make sure that the database isn't highly fragmented to cause slow responses or deadlocks.  You might want to test with turning all epo services off, including agent handlers, and run the reindex script that is attached to KB67184 and ensure that is a regular maintenance task.  Turning off epo is only for running it the first time to get a full complete reindex offline.  Otherwise, when it hangs, check to see if there are deadlocks in the database, or other tasks running that might affect performance.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community