cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO System Tree Slow response ...

Hi All...

I have ePO 4.5 build 137

and am having issues with the system tree, when trying to display machines under a certain group it takes forever ro does not display the machines.

When checking the machines properties it shows that it is under that group but is not shown...

Any ideas?

Please let me know what other information you would require...

Thank in advance..

Regards

Darren

9 Replies

Re: ePO System Tree Slow response ...

So is it just one group that is having problems?  Got screen shots of what you're seeing?

Hi Mat...

Its the entire tree, when i click on one of the groups in the tree it just thinks for ages then stops...

Tristan
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 10

How many PC's in the group?

It ranges from 10 to a few hundred in the groups, but regardless even if i choose a small group i get the same sluggishness

The total machines in ePO is 4000

Tristan
Level 15
Message 6 of 10

How is your SQL hosted?

Have you checked your DB performce when you get the slowness?

At 4000 your nearly hitting the McAfee recommendation of 5000 to qualify for a dedicated SQL server so if your still on SQL Express or the SQL server in on a Virtual Server then your issue might not be with ePO but rather the I/O speed of your servers.

Hi there,

We are running Sql 2008 on a separate server I have asked the DB admin to do some checks and maintanance as well

I have seen this same behavior in my console where I have extreme slowness when trying to access the system tree. I'm not sure what the root cause is, but as a work around I have found that IE Compatibility mode clears up the slowness.  Give it a shot.

I have epo 4.6.6 and I am facing slow performance of console not able to complete wake up agent call and searching system in tree is taking more than hour.

I have mre than 60k systems in my epo.

Please let me know if any one having solution  on the same.

Message was edited by: kashinath on 06/06/13 02:46:38 CDT
Nielsb
Level 11
Message 10 of 10

What is your CPU utilization of tomcat and other mcafee core processes?