cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edidebrite
Level 7

ePO Sql Migrations

Hi there

I am running epo 4.6 and Sql 2005 express on the same server. I would like to migrate from express to SQL 2008, has anyone done this before?

What is the best way to go about it?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
alexn
Level 14

Re: ePO Sql Migrations

Do you want migration from sql2005 express to sql 2008 standard?

0 Kudos
edidebrite
Level 7

Yes thats right Alex.

0 Kudos
rackroyd
Level 16

In that case please take a look at McAfee support article:

KB65739 - Recommended procedure for migrating or moving an ePO 4.x database to a new SQL server

Looks like this will probably cover it for you.

Rgds,

Rob.

0 Kudos
alexn
Level 14

Truely added by rackroyd.

I would like to tell you that Microsoft  does not support upgrading from SQL Server 2005 Express Edition to SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition.

This link describes the supported upgrade paths: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143393.aspx.To upgrade from SQL Server 2005 Express Edition to SQL Server 2008 Standard you could upgrade Express 2005 to Standard 2005.Or you could upgrade to SQL Server 2008 Express Edition, then perform an Edition Upgrade (new for SQL Server 2008) to Standard Edition.Note that Edition Upgrade will not install any missing features

You can download SQL Server Express Edition from: http://www.microsoft.com/express/sql/default.aspx.

To upgrade an existing instance of SQL Server  to a different edition, from the SQL Server Installation Center click Maintenance, and then select Edition Upgrade.

If Setup support files are required, SQL Server Setup installs them. If you are instructed to restart your computer, restart before you continue.

The System Configuration Checker runs a discovery operation on your computer. To continue, click OK.

Regds,

Alex

0 Kudos
edidebrite
Level 7

Thank you for that info, I will definetely try this on a test server before doing it on production.

0 Kudos
edidebrite
Level 7

Thanks Rob

0 Kudos