cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO Server Migration

Hey,

i am migrating my ePO Server from a clone PC to a server(HP DL360G). So, basically i am only migrating into different server hardware, the IP address, server name, etc. will be retained.

Can someone tell me the necessary steps/actions to be taken before migrating? A list of steps would be very helpful.

Thanks,
6 Replies
gmc_za
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

RE: ePO Server Migration

Hi,

I'm sorry but i really am a beginner here, i checked the link above and i couldn't understand some of the things posted there such as:

What is DRP Plan?!
What is DR Procedure?!
What is RSD?!
How do you restore the following directories?:
• C:\Program Files\Network Associates\ePO\3.5.0\DB\Certificates
• C:\Program Files\Network Associates\ePO\3.5.0\Tomcat\keystore
> Do i just copy and paste the directories from the previous server?

Thanks,

What is DRP Plan?!
- stands for Disaster Recovery Planning

What is DR Procedure?
- a procedure that covers the data, hardware and software critical for a business to restart operations in the event of a natural or human-caused disaster. It should also include plans for coping with the unexpected or sudden loss of key personnel, the focus of which is data protection.

What is RSD?!
- "maybe" it stands for Really Simple Discovery, a way to reduce the information required to set up editing/blogging software or or other web software, discoverable by a client software
New001
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 7

Sorry new here as well but is there a way to export your directory? I'm currently running version 3.6.0.544, I've done a lot of looking but not really found anything any help would be great thanks for your time.

RSD = Rogue System Detection

Restore would be from doing a backup/restore.

http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtop...&highlight=drp

This link is not working for me. Could you please give me the correct link. I think page has removed from this link

Thanks
DJ