cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO Server Identifier

Jump to solution
I have been asked to provide our ePO "Server Identifier". The format of said identifier is; ########-####-####-####-############ These are alpha numeric characters in sequence; 8,4,4,4,12 I see nothing within the ePO GUI, nor can I find anything within any KB article with key words = "server identifier" I found a hint that such a thing exists, and is created when the database is created (https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/27000/PD27839/en_US/...), but this is for an old version of ePO, and I don't see the refrenced "unique.txt" file anywhere on either my ePO server or my DB server.
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: ePO Server Identifier

Jump to solution

I have already reached out to the McAfee Licensing Team, as you've suggested.  I am still waiting for a response and will update this thread to (hopefully) provide a conclusion for this effort.

Jump to solution

McAfee licensing has confirmed that "...the ePO identifier is not something you can find in the ePO administrator console itself.  It’s a unique identifier utilized in the “call home” functionality that submits the weekly data to McAfee."

5 Replies
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

I believe the KB you mention is actually for the Database Security product rather than ePO.

Can I ask who has asked for the identifier and for what purpose? The format you describe is the same format as is used by ePO for agent GUIDs, but these are used to uniquely identify clients rather than the actual ePO server.
If we can clarify exactly what's being asked for, hopefully we can identify the correct ID.

Jump to solution

You are correct; The referenced KB article is for a separate product.  My intent was to provide some qualification for the existence of a value that appears to not exist at all, that is; the referenced KB article was the single support document that I was able to find that held the term "server identifier".

I work for a University and this value (and the request to qualify that value) was provided by one of the University's vendor managers.  I have likewise been asked by the vendor manager to provide instructions on determining a "ePO Server Identifier" to the other folks that fall under the University's site license and who have been asked to qualify their "ePO Server Identifier", per this vendor manager.

I have a ticket open with support and they are (to date) unaware of any value in the provided format that might prove to be an "ePO server identifier". I suspect that there is no such value.

The original request was part of a an effort to determine the "culprit" for a licensing overage issue. Which is to say, I was asked to 1.) run a "Protection Summary Report" that provides a breakdown of products deployed and 2.) qualify the provided "ePO Server Identifier".

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution
I believe that server identifier you are referring to is only known to the internal McAfee licensing team that they use to identify epo server's for licensing compliance. You might want to get with them on that. We have no way to know what that is or where to find it.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

I have already reached out to the McAfee Licensing Team, as you've suggested.  I am still waiting for a response and will update this thread to (hopefully) provide a conclusion for this effort.

Jump to solution

McAfee licensing has confirmed that "...the ePO identifier is not something you can find in the ePO administrator console itself.  It’s a unique identifier utilized in the “call home” functionality that submits the weekly data to McAfee."

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community