cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO Scripting Drive Encryption Failed

Jump to solution

Hi,

I tried my best to get the curl script command for assignments in Drive Encryption right, but I always get the OK: Failed message.

My syntax in cmd.exe is like this:

curl -k -u epouser:pw https://servername:8443/remote/eeadmin.assignUser?systemNode=True^&nodeId=computername^&dn="CN=User,CN=Users,DC=domain.local"^&ldapServerName=servername

I just want to assign a user from LDAP to a system (computer). What I am doing wrong?

Thank you!

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 7

Re: ePO Scripting Drive Encryption Failed

Jump to solution

Apologies for the late reply.  I spoke to a colleague with MDE experience and we believe the problem might be the way that you're defining the computer. Are you specifying it by name? If so that would explain it - the nodeId value needs to be an integer, which corresponds to the leafnode ID of the machine in question.

You can find the correct ID using the system.find command, and then use this value in the eeadmin.assignUser command.

Highlighted

Jump to solution
Thanks you for the helpfull answer! You were absolutely right, I used the system.find command and used the int value from "System Location", then it worked. Seems it wont work with the system name in ePO, you have to use the int number.
6 Replies
McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Jump to solution

This link has nothing in common with the topic..?

McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Apologies , That was for another thread.

Yes this is not related with the topic.

McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Apologies for the late reply.  I spoke to a colleague with MDE experience and we believe the problem might be the way that you're defining the computer. Are you specifying it by name? If so that would explain it - the nodeId value needs to be an integer, which corresponds to the leafnode ID of the machine in question.

You can find the correct ID using the system.find command, and then use this value in the eeadmin.assignUser command.

Highlighted

Jump to solution
Thanks you for the helpfull answer! You were absolutely right, I used the system.find command and used the int value from "System Location", then it worked. Seems it wont work with the system name in ePO, you have to use the int number.
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Excellent, glad it's working for you now 🙂

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community