Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 21

Re: ePO Repository pull fails with error

Jump to solution

That doesn't make sense, as neither servers have those keys.  I don't know how the pkgcatalog.z is signed with a key that doesn't exist.  Do you have any other epo servers?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Exactly my point! It seems impossible!
No, I do not have any more ePO's in the system

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 21

Jump to solution

The only thing I can suggest is to possibly rebuild the master repository completely on the master server. You would need to note what products you have checked in, versions and branches.  To rebuild the repo, you would turn off the server service, rename the software directory and create a new blank one.  Then start service back up and start checking in products.  That would also require replication to any distributed repositories, if you have any.

Did you ever at one point reinstall epo?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Master server have been upgraded from 5.32 through 5.9 up til 5.10 update 6

Slave server is new install

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 15 of 21

Jump to solution

Do you happen to have any backups of epo install folder from any of the installs, including the older ones?  There may be a key in there.  You can check the hashes of them by opening up the zip file and look at the properties file in notepad.

Otherwise you are at a rebuild.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Think I need to try a rebuild.
Is there any documentation available for doing that?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 17 of 21

Jump to solution

Yes, KB53736

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Tried rebuilding the Master Repository on the Master,.

Same error: 

(Failed to verify site catalog, no repository public key matches signature.)

Noticed another thing in EpoAPSvr.log:

20200205072948 W #04952 RMANJNI
No agent handler assignments or assignment groups found in the database

20200205072948 I #04952 RMANJNI
Adding Master-Epo from specified agent handlers to site list

This repeats continously at the end of the log file. Is there any connection between this and the error I'm getting?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 19 of 21

Jump to solution

Are you getting that error on the master epo logs or the slave for the no repository public key matches signature?  I will send you a private message with my email address, I need to see some screenshots that should not be here publicly.

For No agent handler assignments or assignment groups found in the database error, that may be if you have no agent handlers and have not created any agent handler assignment rules.  To verify, just go ahead and create one under agent handlers and assign it to my org and let me know if that goes away.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I managed to get this to work using another approach.

I removed the Slave ePO and installed an Agent Handler instead and connected all nodes to the Master ePO.

This works for the environment I am working in at the moment, so I will not spend any more time on trying to fix the issue.

But to answer your question:  I got key error in the Slave ePO.

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community