cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO Re Install using "Restore ePO from an existing Database Snapshot".

Jump to solution

Currently running ePO 5.9.1 on Windows 2008 R2 with the SQL databse on a dedicated SQL server

I want to Re Install ePO on Windows 2012 R2 using the same Server name, IP and location.

If I select the option during setup to "Restore ePO from an existing Database Snapshot" is there anything else that needs to be done post install ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: ePO Re Install using "Restore ePO from an existing Database Snapshot".

Jump to solution

There should be nothing you need to do post install.  However, Pre-install, please check thoroughly kb71825 to help ensure there are no possible problems that might cause the install to fail.  Make sure your snapshot is current and ran with no errors.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

2 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

There should be nothing you need to do post install.  However, Pre-install, please check thoroughly kb71825 to help ensure there are no possible problems that might cause the install to fail.  Make sure your snapshot is current and ran with no errors.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks, ReInstall went very smoothly

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.