cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO - Move to New Hardware

ePO 4.5.0 (Build 937)

McAfee Agent 4.5.0. (1499)

I have been working with McAfee Support to reduce my ePO database. It is currently over 30 GB. Attempts have been futile, and support feels the DB is corrupted. They said I could take it up with Microsoft (SQL 2005) or start with a new DB. I decided to go with the latter option. I'm also going to take this opportunity to move ePO to new server hardware. I am not bringing over the DB, but the question is what else can I bring over to the new server? What about the security keys? Do I need to just export from the old and import on the new server? I can use the same name and IP address for the new server. The most important thing is for all my existing McAfee agents to report to the new server. I assume I have to rebuild my system hierarchy and master repository, which I don’t mind. Any recommendations is very much appreciated.

Message was edited by: RealEGT on 1/13/11 4:26:25 PM GMT-05:00

Message was edited by: RealEGT on 1/13/11 4:26:38 PM GMT-05:00
7 Replies
mjmurra
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: ePO - Move to New Hardware

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 8

Hmm... do you have a case number I can look at? I would think it rather unlikely that the db is corrupt, if everything else is working and its only problem is the amount of space being taken up...

Thanks -

Joe

Thank you, Joe -- SR # <3-1342969983>

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

Okay, this appears to be an SQL transaction log error - specifically "The transaction log for database '<db_name>' is full. To find out why space in the log cannot be reused, see the log_reuse_wait_desc column in sys.databases"

Is this correct? (Just want to make sure I have the correct case )  If so, do you still have the problem? (The case is showing as closed...)

Thanks -

Joe

The problem was never resolved. The McAfee Gold tech said it was a Microsoft issue and they would not be able to support it. Unfortunately, I am not very proficient in SQL. I followed the instructions in KB68961, which resulted in the SQL transaction log error. Thanks - Eric

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 8

I would make sure that the "Recovery Model" for the DB is set to "simple". If you open SQL Managment Studio and right-click on the ePO DB and select "properties". Go to the "options" page and you can see the "Recovery Model" there and change it. If you have to change it, wait a few minutes and try clearing out the events again and see if you get the same error.

Thanks, I have confirmed that the "Recovery Model" for the DB was already set to "simple".