Just tried what you recommended but the error

Unable to determine master server key hash

is still being generated after restarting the ePO Services

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 30

Re: ePO Master Key state is invalid

When did this start?  Do you have any backups of the keystore directory?  If so, you might want to restore the keys and restart services.  Otherwise, please open a ticket with McAfee for further investigation.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Thanks cdinet

I have tried what you have suggested and gone back as far as March as that is the last backup we have.

Unfortunatley this has not worked either.

I already have an SR open 4-18667525461

Regards

Steve

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 30

I would highly recommend rebuilding the repository key again, then rebuild the master repository.  There might be something corrupt in the catalog file.  You can first try to just re-check in an agent package or something to see if that signs the catalog, but if that doesn't work, copy the software directory out of epo to back it up, then delete the contents and check them back in.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

I stopped all the ePO services and deleted the sm2048MyePOServer.zip file.

Restarted ePO services, then tried to re-check in the Agent as the Master repository was empyt. This failed with an Unknown error.

Stopped the ePO services backuped the software folder and deleted it from the ePO installed folder.

Restarted the services and checked in the Agent. This worked fine with no errors. 

I then tried to install the Agent Handler agian but this still failed with 

20180423185833 I #06620 AHSETUP Getting server files from 'MyePOServer'.
20180423185837 E #06620 AHSETUP ahsetup.cpp(693): Received an unexpected response from the server: Error 0 :
20180423185837 E #06620 AHSETUP Master key state is not valid

So regenerating the Master Ket and checking in a pievce of software has not fixed the issue.

I will update the SR with the above info. Any further Ideas?

regards

Steve

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 30

Add the new epoapsvr logs to the SR so they can review please.  Post the new ah install logs also along with a screenshot under server settings, security keys so it shows the hash of the keys. 

Was my reply helpful?

Have uploaded the requested files and SS

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 18 of 30

thanks, can you also upload output of this query in sql?

select * from eposerverinfo

Was my reply helpful?

output now uploaded.

Regards

Steve

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 20 of 30

Run this - you can post it here.

select masterkeyhash from eposerverinfo

so far it looks like the key has for local master repo key pair isn't there, but i want to make sure

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community