cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO Master Key state is invalid

Hi Everyone

Having an issue with ePO 5.9.1 and re-installing an Agent Handler.

Everytime I run the AH installer it get so far through but when getting to retrieving files from ePO server it fails and roole back the install.

From the logs I can see the following...

AHSETUP.GetFiles() returned -1, szError=Error 0 :
Master key state is not valid

Also if I look at the ePO server Orion log I can also see events like the following.

com.mcafee.epo.core.EpoValidateException: Master key state is not valid

I have a service request in with McAfee but no idea at the moment. Has anyone elsee seen this before and any ideas how to fix??

Thanks in advance

Steve

Labels (3)
29 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 30

Re: ePO Master Key state is invalid

what is your sr ?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

SR is 4-18667525461

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 30

Do you happen to have a mer from the epo server?  We need to see what is going on with the keys on that server.  When you run the mer, be sure to run it as administrator and choose epo as the product instead of all products.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 30

Another question - is this a recent upgrade to 5.9.1?  Do you have the 5.9.1 hotfix installed or done workaround in KB90182?

Was my reply helpful?

Just getting a MER for the ePO server now.

This was originally an upgrade but we had to do a DR back in Jan. We did a fresh install and restored the DB. As part of the restore we did follow the KB to restore the exisiting CERTS. 

Everything seems to have been working fine up until the end of March when I see these errors appeariong in the logs.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 30

Ok, thanks - did anything change at all in March?  Let me know when mer is uploaded.  I may not have time to review it till Monday, just depends on when you can get it posted.

Was my reply helpful?

Really appreciated.

We are unable to manage ha;lf the estate currently so not great as we also need tpo push a new policy out.

Nothig has changed that I'm aware of. We did have an issue with the actuall ePO console not starting up which strangley sorted itself out with support stating it could be performance related but were unsure themseleves as the logs never showed an issue

Mer log from the ePO server has now been uploaded

Thanks

Steve

Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 30

error in epoapsvr log - Unable to determine master server key hash.

In the db\keystore directory, back up the sm2048xxx key and delete it from that directory, then restart epo services and see if that error goes away in the epoapsvr log.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community