Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbelew
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

ePO-MER Notifications

Jump to solution

I have been trying to configure some automatic responses in ePO v4.6.6 to send email notifications when MER scans start, finish and/or fail.  Has anyone been able to do this and can you please share the steps?  The walk through guide talks about setting them up but it seems to be geared more toward ePO 4.5 and so the instructions aren't quite matching up.

I have ePO v4.6.6 pushing out Agent 4.6.0.3122 and MER 2.5.3.0.1495.  When I apply a custom "MER" tag to a system, the system receives the deploy task to install MER.

Then, I have a server task scheduled that runs a query looking for systems with that tag applied AND that have MER installed.  On those systems, it schedules a "run now" task to run an MER scan.  The scan saves the log file locally and to a UNC path.  The last step in the task, clears the tag so that the MER scan doesn't continue to run over and over on those systems.

That whole process is working as as desired.  I just want ePO to let my peers know the status of the scans, especially when they finish, so that they can continue troubleshooting.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Jason

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jbelew
Level 8
Message 8 of 8

Re: ePO-MER Notifications

Jump to solution

Thanks for the input guys!

Here's what I ended up with... I configured the MER policy to upload the results file to our SFT site via FTP.  Our SFT system allows us to choose to be notified when a file is uploaded to a specific folder.  So, as soon as MER uploads the file, I get an email with a link to go grab the file.

I will definitely look at your answer also rpd85!

7 Replies
rpd85
Level 9
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

I know this is an old post, but I was recently trying to figure out how to do exactly the same thing. Did you ever find a solution? Thanks!

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

This might get answered better if I moved it to ePO, what do you think?

rpd85
Level 9
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Sounds good to me. Thanks.

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

OK - moved it, good luck.

Highlighted
rpd85
Level 9
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

OK, found the answer - under "Automatic Responses" in ePO, when creating a new response, choose "Client" from the drop-down menu for "Event type". Then choose "Event Description" under available properties, and there will be an item for "MER tool execution successful."

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

That's great.  I trust that the OP discovered that too.    Thanks for posting back. 😉

jbelew
Level 8
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for the input guys!

Here's what I ended up with... I configured the MER policy to upload the results file to our SFT site via FTP.  Our SFT system allows us to choose to be notified when a file is uploaded to a specific folder.  So, as soon as MER uploads the file, I get an email with a link to go grab the file.

I will definitely look at your answer also rpd85!

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center