Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sohel
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

ePO: How can I find out "Uptime" on systems

Jump to solution

It's not listed now but is there any way I can create a custom property in ePO to find out "uptime" on systems? 

Thanks!

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Re: ePO: How can I find out "Uptime" on systems

Jump to solution

I can find 'uptime' on system  under Task manager->performance tab. I am not sure where OS stores this value. If I would know the location then probably can use custom prop to populate this in ePO.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

That is not something the agent reports on and not something that would go into a custom props, as it is very dynamic. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

8 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

I can find 'uptime' on system  under Task manager->performance tab. I am not sure where OS stores this value. If I would know the location then probably can use custom prop to populate this in ePO.

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

That is not something the agent reports on and not something that would go into a custom props, as it is very dynamic. 

Was my reply helpful?

Sohel
Level 9
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

thanks.

Jump to solution

This was an accepted change request in a future release:

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Business-Ideas/Last-Reboot-time-included-in-system-properties/idi-p/...

Looking forward to it being implemented.

Sohel
Level 9
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

Thank you for the information.

Reliable Contributor bodysoda
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

In EPO 5.10 there is a column called "Last System Boot Time" which will give you when the system was last restarted. You can create a query based report if you would like to filter based on last system boot time.

2019-03-22 10_05_18-ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0.jpg

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

Thanks - I forgot that about 5.10 🙂

Was my reply helpful?

Reliable Contributor rmetzger
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

In case one is not using ePO 5.10, consider retrieving the Boot Date and Time with this command line:

for /f "usebackq tokens=3*" %G in (`net statistics workstation 2^>NUL ^| Find /I "Statistics since"`) do (echo %G %H)

or from a .Bat

for /f "usebackq tokens=3*" %%G in (`net statistics workstation 2^>NUL ^| Find /I "Statistics since"`) do (echo %%G %%H)

This command assumes English; change "Statistics since" to your language.

Uptime is calculated from Boot date and time reported here.

Boot Date and Time is actual, and does NOT accomodate power saving modes, such as sleep.

Perhaps this command could be issued thru EEDK.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks,
Ron Metzger

Was my reply helpful?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.