Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avilt
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

ePO DAT Update Source Site

I have an ePO server with no Internet for DAT update, so I would like to update the DAT thru a UNC path. On the UNC server what are the files needed and how do I setup?

If I simply download the DAT file from the Internet and dump it in the UNC share, the ePO server does not pull the DAT file from UNC path.

It gives the error as :Unable to find a valid repository

11 Replies
aus_mick
Level 10
Message 2 of 12

Re: ePO DAT Update Source Site

I've never tried this myself, but I would imagine it would require the configuration files like avvdat.ini, catalog.z etc. amongst others to be present. I would suggest cloning the contents of the McAfee HTTP CommonUpdater website (http://update.nai.com/Products/CommonUpdater) and see if that works.

HTH,

Mick

avinash34
Level 12
Message 3 of 12

Download the DAT file for ePO extract the files and configure the UNC path as Repository in the agent settings.

Thanks,

Avinash

avilt
Level 7
Message 4 of 12

I have tried both by placing zip file as well ex extracted files, getting the error as shown in the attachementerror.JPG.

tkinkead
Level 12
Message 5 of 12

Wouldn't you just set up a UNC distributed repository and let ePO manage all of this?

avilt
Level 7
Message 6 of 12

Does it mean that I need to have two ePO servers?

tkinkead
Level 12
Message 7 of 12

I apologize; I misread your issue.  I thought you were trying to set up a repository for clients to update from, not a UNC share for ePO to pull from.

Dear,

Perform Pull task only for DAT & see what does it reflect..

Thnks

avilt
Level 7
Message 9 of 12

Same error persists

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 12

If the end goal is to get a DAT into the ePO server that doesn't have an internet connection, then you can manually download the "Dat package for use with ePO" package from the security updates download page: http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx?region=us

You can then check this package in to your master repository in the same way as any other, and it will provide the full set of DAT files that the clients need.

HTH -

Joe