cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO Cloud Unable to find valid repository

I am working with a new trial of McAfee ePO Cloud.  I am familiar with ePO; however, this is the first time I have used the cloud based version.  I have the agent installed on my first system and it is communicating to the ePO server; however, every time it tries to deploy another product, it reports "Unable to find valid repository".  Any idea why this would be happening or how to fix it?

Thanks!

4 Replies

Re: ePO Cloud Unable to find valid repository

We are seeing the same issue on a number of machines, but only with the repository. They are all able to connect to ePO and download policies etc, but software installations or dat updates fail.

The majority of the time we see the same "Unable to find a valid repository" error, but occasionally it gets a little further, failing whilst attempting to download one of the xml files.

Okay, I am not quite sure what the issue was, but it is resolved now.  After a day of the products not installing, I moved the system to another group that had no Deployment tasks.  After the system got the new policies, I moved it back.  Then after it got the policies again, the install went fine.

It's working again for us as well, no changes were made as far as our deployment tasks go, so I suspect McAfee had an issue with one of their repositories.

yaz McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

Hello all

This was one the known issue identified with POD 1 in the ePO cloud 11:15 GMT on 06/13/2017 and our engineering team have fixed the issue the same day.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community