Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sohel
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

ePO Apache service stopped with Microsoft February 2019 updates

Jump to solution

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced the same issue.....

Apache service went to a complete "stop" mode after applying recent Microsoft security updates (February 2019) to our ePO server.

The issue was resolved after the apache service was restarted. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Re: ePO Apache service stopped with Microsoft February 2019 updates

Jump to solution

Any errors in the server log?  To know why the service crashed, we would need a process dump using procdump to get it to create the dump on termination.  If it continues to crash periodically, that is what we are going to need along with a mer from the system and a case opened up.  If it is only a one time thing, then we probably aren't going to be able to determine why without that data.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Sohel
Level 9
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

I did perform "mer" immediately after I restart the service and mer log was uploaded to McAfee support. However, support wasn't able to find anything from mer logs either. He did mention that few other customers also called with the same issue, all seem to experience it immediately after applying the  Microsoft security February updates/followed by a reboot.

I will remember to collect procdump next time if it happens again long with mer log.

6 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Do the apache2\logs show any errors as well as the server log in db\logs or the windows event logs?  Was the system rebooted after the Windows updates and apache failed to start on the reboot? 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Sohel
Level 9
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

yes, server was rebooted after the patch was deployed and installed, nothing was in db\logs or apache2\logs.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

What about Windows system and application event logs?

Was my reply helpful?

Sohel
Level 9
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Below is what I see after digging through event/system log (in event viewer):

"The McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.9.1 server service terminated unexpectedly." 

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Any errors in the server log?  To know why the service crashed, we would need a process dump using procdump to get it to create the dump on termination.  If it continues to crash periodically, that is what we are going to need along with a mer from the system and a case opened up.  If it is only a one time thing, then we probably aren't going to be able to determine why without that data.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Sohel
Level 9
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

I did perform "mer" immediately after I restart the service and mer log was uploaded to McAfee support. However, support wasn't able to find anything from mer logs either. He did mention that few other customers also called with the same issue, all seem to experience it immediately after applying the  Microsoft security February updates/followed by a reboot.

I will remember to collect procdump next time if it happens again long with mer log.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community