cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO/Agent to communicate on second network

Any ideas on how to force ePO (V4.0) and its managed PC's to communicate on a second network?

I have a setup on a process control application where ePO is used on a server with two network connections - one for the process and one for secondary functions. All PC's connected to this server also have the same two network connections.

When I add a PC to be managed in the "System" area, it connects successfully but uses the process network (as indicated in the "IP Address" field) - I would like it to use the secondary network.
3 Replies
Highlighted
bxs
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

RE: ePO/Agent to communicate on second network

Not so sure about the agent, but as far as the ePO server you can force the application to bind to a specific NIC/IP (from the ePo 4.0 install guide)

Task
1 Open the SEVER.INI file. The default location is:
C:\PROGAM FILES\MCAFEE\EPOLICYORCHESTRATOR\4.0.0\DB
2 Add the following line at the end of the [server] section of the file:
ServerIPAddress=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is the IP address of the NIC to which you want ePolicy Orchestrator
bound.
3 Save and close the SERVER.INI file.
4 Restart all of the ePolicy Orchestrator services.
NOTE: The server IP address is used by the master repository and for agent-server
communication. If this address is not provided, the IP address of the first NIC in the binding
order is used.

Seemed to work - thanks for the info!

So where did you apply that change then ? server or client or both ?

Jim
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community