cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO / Agent Locking Out an AD User Account

Today I noticed that one of my service accounts keeps getting locked out.  Its one I use for my ePO server to sync up w/ Active Directory, push the agent out, and to replicate my UNC repositories.

To verify if it was ePO I created a new service account, and updated it to sync w/ AD, push out the agent and the replicate to my repositories. 

I see the second account I made getting locked so I know it is epo related some how.

I do not have any client tasks setup with hard coded user/pass right now.  The only thing in place is SiteAdvisor client tasks to send the logs.  I'm not sure if its related, but I updated my SiteAdivisor extensions yesterday.  Called McAfee support and after two hours they are stumped.  I was told they'd call me tomorrow to follow up on it.

Im trying to make super agent repositories now, as I read some UNC repositories can cause issues with user/pass.  Anyone else have this issue?  Know a fix?

3 Replies

Re: ePO / Agent Locking Out an AD User Account

Anything in the event logs to advise why the account is getting locked out?

Just a lot of Event 675...in the security logs on DCs..  I commented out some lines for privacy

Event Type:    Failure Audit

Event Source:    Security

Event Category:    Account Logon

Event ID:    675

Date:        8/7/2013

Time:        10:05:06 PM

User:        NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Computer:    Server_Name_Here

Description:

Pre-authentication failed:

User Name:   User_Name_Here

User ID:        Domain\User_Name_Here

Service Name:    krbtgt/domain_name_here

Pre-Authentication Type:    0x0

Failure Code:    0x19

Client Address:  IP_ADDRESS_HERE

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Running into same issue.  Anyone have any ideas as to why this continues during the AD sync?  Would love to not have to unlock the account every Monday morning.