cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO Agent Install Challenge!

Jump to solution

Due to network configuration we have some agents that cannot see the ePO server directly but they can access the Agent Handler for it's domain, when I install an agent I need to copy in the sitelist.xml file and possibly the serversitelist.xml file.

The problem I have is:

We use a .vbs script to install the agent from a share, it copies the agent and installs it, the script then needs to copy down the two .xml files, however, Access Protection in VSE prevents modification of the files and won't allow the two xml files to overwrite the existing ones.

Any ideas how I can achieve this without having to turn off Access Protection first?

Thanks

Stef

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 7

Re: ePO Agent Install Challenge!

Jump to solution

Nope, the serversitelist comes direct from the server - you can ignore it

Sitelist.xml is the important one.

Please note that you can only import a sitelist with the /siteinfo switch: please don't try to edit it beforehand.

HTH -

Joe

6 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Can the vbscript run an executable? If so you could run frminst.exe locally with the /siteinfo switch, pointing to a folder containing the sitelist.xml (and the server key files).

(Pleae note this is just a thory - I haven't tried it. Maybe some other users have done something similar...)

HTH -

Joe

Jump to solution

We'll modify the script to copy the sitelist.xml locally and parse that in at install time with /siteinfo switch you mentioned, I don't suppose there is a similar switch for the serversitelist.xml?

Stef

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Nope, the serversitelist comes direct from the server - you can ignore it

Sitelist.xml is the important one.

Please note that you can only import a sitelist with the /siteinfo switch: please don't try to edit it beforehand.

HTH -

Joe

Jump to solution

Cool, thanks for the info Joe.

Stef

Jump to solution

Hi Stef

Did this work?

Paul B

Jump to solution

Haven't tried it yet Paul to be honest, have no reason to think that it wouldn't work, I've used the /siteinfo command before but my main concern was the serversitelist.xml, but as Joe mentions that should come from the server once the initial connection is made.

Stef