cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbsugan
Level 7

ePO 5 Server Installation Planning - No Domain Controller , Ubuntu Desktops with VPN Connectivity

Hi,

I am new to mcafee & need to install and configure the ePO 5 to manage 2100 ubuntu 11.04 & 12.04 Clients ,

Server will installed on win 2k8 r2 & clients will get connected to server through VPN over Broadband(700 locations each with 3 clients & 256kpbs bandwidth) ,

at present thereis no domain controller , is it possible to configure the ePO server without domain controller ?

how many super agents need to be configured ?

what is recommendedbandwidth for ePO server to superagent communication ?

Pls help me to plan this ..

Sugan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ulyses31
Level 16

Re: ePO 5 Server Installation Planning - No Domain Controller , Ubuntu Desktops with VPN Connectivity

Hi sbsugan, yes it's possible to use an ePO server without a domain.

If you have 700 different locations maybe the best solution would be using an Agent Handler on your DMZ so computers outside your LAN could connect to ePO through WAN instead of VPN. Otherwise you should think about creating a superagent per location or maybe creating superagents on some location that could server updates to other locations.

0 Kudos
sbsugan
Level 7

Re: ePO 5 Server Installation Planning - No Domain Controller , Ubuntu Desktops with VPN Connectivity

Hi Laszlo G,

Thanks for your reply.. Using Agent Handler is one option , I have 256kbps VPN Bandwidth which is not enough for Agent Handler I think..  i don’t have the windows desktops on locations to create the super agents also..

0 Kudos
ulyses31
Level 16

Well in fact the Agent Handler should be loated in the DMZ of your own LAN and not on the remote LAN.

Apart from connecting through this VPN does these computers have internet access (not through VPN)

0 Kudos