Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor vnaidu
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 27

ePO 5.9.X to ePO 5.10.X on a cluster environment

Dear All,

I have ePO 5.9.1 running on a cluster environment. I would like your suggestions to upgrade the current version to 5.10, can anyone walk me through with the steps.

As I have 3 Agent handlers as well. I have gone through the document that confused more.

Any help is much appreciated.

Venu
26 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 27

Re: ePO 5.9.X to ePO 5.10.X on a cluster environment

For the agent handlers, you would turn off those services until the upgrade of epo server is complete, then upgrade each of those.  

For the epo server, I am attaching the install guide.  Starting on page 68, it walks you through upgrading a cluster environment.  If you follow that step by step, you should be fine.  Let me know if you have any questions on the steps.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 27

@cdinet When I try to run the setup after following your suggestions, it is getting stuck after performing some checks, throwing an error that says "database high availability disaster recovery epo". Followed the Kb article KB83860, still no luck. 

Can any one help us.

Venu
McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 27

You need to disable SQL features temporarily to upgrade your EPO. Refer the below article. 

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB86152

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB71825

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 27

Dear All @cdinet @LKS ,

I could not progress the issue towards a solution. I even tried to run the following query after talking to the TSE to confirm HADR enabled.

SELECT

d.name as DatabaseName

,CASE

WHEN dm.mirroring_state is NULL THEN 'Mirroring is not configured'

ELSE 'Mirroring is configured'

END as MirroringStatus

FROM sys.databases d

INNER JOIN sys.database_mirroring dm

ON d.database_id=dm.database_id

Running the above Query resulted with "Mirroring is not configured". The respective SR number for this case is 4-20496310699.

Can someone please help us as we are running out of time.

TIA

Venu
McAfee Employee rgc
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 27

As per the query, it concludes the mirroring is enabled or not.....

Even though you have HA enabled, SQL mirroring should be disabled for ePO to get upgrade.

As per the KB86152,  You can maintain the availability group & by disabling the mirroring for SQL, and follow this workaround with the switch provided should overtake your scenario.

If still you face the issues on this, share me more elaborate on what is not working with screenshots on what errors you see to move forward.

The upgrade might work successfully when using the IGNOREVALIDATIONERRORS switch during the upgrade. But, it is still needed to disable the SQL mirror during the upgrade:
  1. Leave the availability group in place.
  2. Disable SQL mirroring for the ePO database.
  3. Leave <ePO installation directory>\Server\conf\orion\db.properties to be directed to the availability group or virtual name.
  4. Run the ePO upgrade with the IGNOREVALIDATIONERRORS=1 switch using the following command:

"<ePO installation files directory>\setup.exe" IGNOREVALIDATIONERRORS=1

5. Enable SQL mirroring for the ePO database. This action allows SQL to handle the replicating of any changes made to the database during the upgrade.

If the above action does not work, you might need to disable the SQL availability group as well. Then point ePO to the physical SQL Server name per the Solution.

Raghavendra GC
McAfee Technical Support – APAC
Customer Success Group
www.mcafee.com
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 27

@rgc @LKS @cdinet 

Dear All, 

Thank you for the prompt reply. 

1. Disable SQL mirroring for the ePO database. - Yes we have disabled this.
  2. Leave <ePO installation directory>\Server\conf\orion\db.properties to be directed to the availability group or virtual name. - We did not make any changes on the db.properties. Are we missing anything here, if so walk us through please

Now, when we run the upgrade using  the switch"<ePO installation files directory>\setup.exe" IGNOREVALIDATIONERRORS=1

We got the same error from the attachment. Then we had to disable the high availability on the database to receive the error mentioned in KB85017. So we had to apply the solution 1 to resolve . but the issue persists

Venu
McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 27

We would like to know how your EPO server pointing to your database. Does it pointing to Cluster IP or physical server (availability server).

Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 27

@LKS 

I opened the db.properties to see the server name details which is pointing to the Cluster, then I copied the contents and created a new file and then changed the cluster to its ip address to prevail nothing. 

Venu
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 27

@LKS @rgc @cdinet 

The database is pointing to the cluster. When we run the setup it progress and throws an exception that says "Fail to load the list of installed products for your epo installation, please check the admin name and password" as this points to the article KB85017. We performed the below steps in solution 1 to see the same error again and again.

Solution 1 – Internet options on the ePO server are not configured to bypass proxy settings for local addresses

Configure the internet options to bypass proxy settings for local addresses (Control Panel, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings, Bypass proxy server for local addresses).

Solution 2 – WinHTTP proxy settings are not set to bypass local addresses

To verify, run the following command on the ePO server:

netsh winhttp show proxy

The command results are typically similar to the following:

Proxy Server: serverproxy.com:8080
Bypass List: (none)

Venu
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community