cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kapaaian
Level 7

ePO 5.9 Install Fails during Service Start

With FRMP 5.0.3 out, that was the last barrier for ePO 5.9 for us. The install got all the way to the end then seemed to fail during service startup/cleanup. Luckily the rollback seemed to work fine. Anyone else run into this or have things go cleanly and do anything not recommended in the normal instructions?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mikecel79
Level 7

Re: ePO 5.9 Install Fails during Service Start

I'm seeing the same issue.  Did you ever resolve this?

0 Kudos
mcdaidh
Level 7

I had the exact same issue also. I had to grant the SQL access account sysadmin during the install instead of the dbcreator as stated in the documentation. After the install ran successfully, I removed the sysadmin permissions.

mvorster
Level 7

I can confirm that this worked. Took me hours to figure out that the DB user needs to have the "sysadmin" role in SQL for clean installs and version upgrades.

Source: McAfee Corporate KB - SQL permissions required to install and use ePolicy Orchestrator KB75766

NOTE: The sysadmin Server Roles permission is an added requirement for fresh installs or upgrades to ePO 5.9. This requirement results from a defect corrected in ePO 5.9.1. The Sysadmin permission requirement was not by design.

0 Kudos