cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO 5.9.1 and Agent 5.5.0.447 pending status

Dear Tech Community,

I have ePO 5.9.1 running on Windows 2012 R2, one system tree I can see only one agent that is not showing the latest version 5.5.0.447. I have upgraded the agent from 5.0.6.220 however the status shows as pending under v5.5.0.447.

I tryed to redeploy the agent, and the agent install shows as suksesfull however the ePO shows the wrong version number.

Capture.PNG

Can anyone advise me how to correct this problem, all other stations are reporting the correct version number.

Thank you

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee austin_o
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: ePO 5.9.1 and Agent 5.5.0.447 pending status

From the screen shot it appears the agent is possibly in a broken state. ePO knows you successfully sent down the task, and the machine attempted to execute, which is why we see the pending message. However, the task has not completed to send back the message that the installation is complete. I would take a look at the agent on that server and see if it is working properly. Additionally, as a quick fix, create a framepkg and attempt an install locally.

Hope this helps!

Hi Austin,

Thank you for you quick reply.

For some reason after 4h the client reported back without me doing anything. I'm still reviewing the logs but sure enouth the client reported back.

Thank you

NHOJ
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

If this has not been answered yet, I know there has been a gap since this has been asked, but 5.5.0.447 has bugs. ePO cannot (in most cases) upgrade that version and has to be manually installed with a later version. Once 5.6.x.x has been applied manually, all reporting etc., works fine. This was confirmed with Support too.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community