Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
web1b
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

ePO 5.9.1 Upgrade SQL Express to SQL Server?

Jump to solution

We would like to move the ePO database from SQL Express 2014 to SQL Server 2016 or SQL Server 2017.

There is no existing SQL server we want to attach to, but we have licensing available to use.

Can we install SQL Server on the ePO server and will that automatically upgrade Express to full SQL Server and seamless connect to ePO database or will it install separately?

How should the SQL server be set up and configured to best support and ePO 5.9.1 database?

Once the SQL Server software is installed and configured, what are the steps to move the database from SQL Express to SQL Server?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Re: ePO 5.9.1 Upgrade SQL Express to SQL Server?

Jump to solution

As I stated, you need to run iiscrypto to ensure all the right protocols and ciphers are enabled.  Otherwise, you just install sql and set up the account that you will be using to connect to the database with appropriate permissions.  See KB75766.  Make sure that the default database for that account is master and not the epo database. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

4 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

No, installing full sql will not upgrade existing sql express - it will install its own instance.  KB71055 is if sql will be installed on the same server and KB68427 is for moving it to a different server completely.  These kb's can be found at support.mcafee.com

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Additionally, if you are putting sql on a different server, then the right protocols/cipher suites need to be enabled.  The easiest way to do that is to download iiscrypto, run it on sql server and choose best practices, then reboot.

Was my reply helpful?

web1b
Level 7
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

How should a new SQL Server installation be configured to best support an ePO database?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

As I stated, you need to run iiscrypto to ensure all the right protocols and ciphers are enabled.  Otherwise, you just install sql and set up the account that you will be using to connect to the database with appropriate permissions.  See KB75766.  Make sure that the default database for that account is master and not the epo database. 

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community