Did you mean: 
Highlighted
oienu
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

ePO 5.9.1 SHA1 to SHA2 migration

Jump to solution

I started the migration after an upgrade from 5.3.3 to 5.9.1.

Now it clearly is stated that I will have to wait until the Status reach 100% or close.

This will never happen due to example: amount of machines we have in ePO, last communication, migration of OS and other factors.

So my question is, could I make use of RSD? would it then be possible to add a high number of machines into categories, as inactive or some other option, then would the percentage look a bit better in Certificate Manager - Agent Handler so I could go for Activate Certificate.

If somebody used RSD to "speed up" the percentage in Status, please share your experience.

Thanks in advance and enjoy life.

unrooi
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: ePO 5.9.1 SHA1 to SHA2 migration

Jump to solution

RSD will not help in speeding the process.

If you Activate cert before it reaches 100% then we need to reinstall MA on remaining machines which didn't connect to ePO server for some reason.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87017

-----------

After clicking Activate Certificates, agents using the old certificates must be reinstalled to restore agent-to-server communication.

------------

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
2 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

RSD will not help in speeding the process.

If you Activate cert before it reaches 100% then we need to reinstall MA on remaining machines which didn't connect to ePO server for some reason.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87017

-----------

After clicking Activate Certificates, agents using the old certificates must be reinstalled to restore agent-to-server communication.

------------

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
oienu
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi thanks for answering

Yes a redeployment of the agents on remaining machines has been my nightmare well still is.

Guess I will have to dig into the Synchronized settings on group details and create exclusions but AD's hmm well always a bit of a issue.

unrooi
ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.