cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ePO 5.3.2 Policy Catalog Issue

Jump to solution

One of my Policy Catalog product categories seems to be suffering from a case of the gones. The product in question is VSE 8.8 and the category is the On-Access Default Processes Policies. None of the other products and their associated categories appears to be acting in this way, and all I can find that may be related to the current issue seems to be an old forum post back from ePO 4.5 in 2009. I'm working with ePO in a Chrome browser build 56.0.2924.87 (if that's of any value), and a co-worker of mine is experiencing the same problem. I'll note that the problematic product/policy pair is perfectly functional in IE 11 version 11.0.9600.18537. Anyway, a screen shot of the problem is listed below:

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: ePO 5.3.2 Policy Catalog Issue

Jump to solution

Thanks for the input, but I figured out what it was.

As it would turn out, ePO (per McAfee) is designed to work best with Internet Explorer. Chrome, and I would guess Firefox as well, will work on and off depending on what version you are running, but my version (the latest as of this writing: 56.0.2924.87) does not play nicely with ePO in all aspects. The ultimate solution, apart from using IE as a web browser, was to simply zoom in and zoom out again to get the rest of the page to appear. This wasn't a complete fix, as none of the radio buttons or check boxes showed as filled, but it did get all of the fields to show again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

For giggles, try running Chrome in incognito - bypassing any browser extensions (as long as the toggle for allow in incognito isn't toggled on for the extension)

If this information was helpful or has answered your question, please select Accept as Solution. This will assist other memebers
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks for the input, but I figured out what it was.

As it would turn out, ePO (per McAfee) is designed to work best with Internet Explorer. Chrome, and I would guess Firefox as well, will work on and off depending on what version you are running, but my version (the latest as of this writing: 56.0.2924.87) does not play nicely with ePO in all aspects. The ultimate solution, apart from using IE as a web browser, was to simply zoom in and zoom out again to get the rest of the page to appear. This wasn't a complete fix, as none of the radio buttons or check boxes showed as filled, but it did get all of the fields to show again.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

FWIW, I use ePO 5.3.2 with Chrome, and don't see that issue.  I'm running Chrome v57.0.2987.98, and when I checked my Chrome version, it's downloading an update, so there are newer versions available.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I'm sure YMMV with this kinda issue, but from what I understood per the conversation with McAfee you may get small inconsistencies like the initial problem I was having when using Chrome. I only mentioned the link between ePO display issues and Chrome because it came straight from the horse's mouth. As of this writing I am now on Chrome v. 57.0.2987.110 and still having the same issue, but IE is working fine.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community