Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AP1980
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

ePO 5.3.1 to 5.3.3 Upgrade

What are the proper steps to get this ePO upgraded to from 5.3.1 to 5.3.3. What needs installing and in what order etc, looked through one of the install guides but its not the clearest layout so was hoping someone had done it and had a quick reference i can look at.

Install order etc, if any other than a cumulative package

We will eventually be going further but firstly we need to get to 5.3.3

3 Replies
McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: ePO 5.3.1 to 5.3.3 Upgrade

Hello,

Please refer the below KB article for the ePO and ePO Database backup:

ePolicy Orchestrator server backup and disaster recovery procedure

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66616

ePolicy Orchestrator installation and update checklist for known issues

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB71825

Also check the below KB article for SSL :

Installation or upgrade to ePolicy Orchestrator fails when using SSL connection for SQL Server

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87731

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Not sure what you mean by what needs installed in what order.  There is only one setup for the install.  Any hotfixes after that aren't really necessary since you are going to upgrade it again.

Follow KB71825 completely and run the pre-installation auditor tool.  Make sure you have good backups.  If the PIA tool indicates that there are extensions that need upgrading, you will need to do that before any upgrade attempt. 

I would also suggest to run IISCrypto on the epo and sql servers, set it to best practices, then reboot. 

Be sure to also check kb51569, which is the supported environments kb for epo for the OS and SQL servers. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor bodysoda
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Short answer - Yes, you can upgrade from EPO 5.3.1 to 5.10 directly but there are some imporatant database work which are outlined on the KB need to be followed.

2019-09-25 10_37_29-Supported platforms, environments, and operating systems for ePolicy Orchestrato.jpg

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community