4 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: ePO 5.10 || ePO backup restore with OSQL

Hi,

The articles KB59562 and KB55123 are no longer available. I guess the below community post has the information which you are looking at.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/epo-db-backup-and-restore/td-p/355658

And, below post for Backup

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/How-to-backup-database/td-p/52309

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Dakshayini S
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

I will see if we can get those kb's re-published.  

KB59562

NOTE: As a precaution, the value databasename is enclosed in square brackets [databasename], in case the server name contains a hyphen or underscore (Examples: Server_1 or Server-1). If the server name does not contain either of these characters, the brackets are not necessary.

How to back up an ePO database using OSQL commands:

• See KB51465 to verify the authentication type and whether an instance name (if any) is being used:

NOTE: If the Database server instance field shows an instance name, the server name\instance name must be included in the OSQL command.

1. Click Start, Run, type cmd, and click OK.
  2. Type the appropriate command from the following list, and press ENTER:

• SQL authentication without an instance name:
      osql -U <username> -P <password> -S <servername> -n -Q "BACKUP DATABASE [<databasename>] TO DISK = 'c:\<filename>.bak' WITH INIT,SKIP"

• SQL authentication with an instance name:
      osql -U <username> -P <password> -S <servername>\<instancename> -n -Q "BACKUP DATABASE [<databasename>] TO DISK = 'c:\<filename>.bak' WITH INIT,SKIP"

• NT authentication without an instance name:
      osql -E -n -Q "BACKUP DATABASE [<databasename>] TO DISK = 'c:\<filename>.bak' WITH INIT,SKIP"

• NT authentication with an instance name:
      osql -E -S <servername>\<instancename> -n -Q "BACKUP DATABASE [<databasename>] TO DISK = 'c:\<filename>.bak' WITH INIT,SKIP"

Example 1: If the ePO server name is TEST, and the login is sa with a password of test, the command to execute will resemble:
      osql -U sa -P test -n -Q "BACKUP DATABASE epo_TEST TO DISK = 'c:\msdebackup.bak' WITH INIT,SKIP"

Example 2: If the ePO server name is test-server, and the login is sa with a password of test, the command to execute will resemble:
      osql -U sa -P test -n -Q "BACKUP DATABASE "epo_test-server" TO DISK = 'c:\msdebackup.bak' WITH INIT,SKIP"

3. Verify the .BAK file has been created.

KB55123

The following steps explain how to use the command line to restore an ePO database to a new server:

1. Click Start, Run, type cmd and click OK.
  2. Type the following and press ENTER:

OSQL -E -S <servername\instancename> -Q "RESTORE DATABASE ePO_TESTSVR FROM DISK='C:\backup\DBBAK.BAK' WITH MOVE 'ePO_TESTSVR' TO 'C:\SQL\data\ePO_TESTSVR.mdf', MOVE 'ePO_TESTSVR_log' TO 'C:\SQL\data\ePO_TESTSVR.ldf'"

(where ePO_TESTSVR is the old database name and <servername\instancename> is the new one)

NOTES:
    • The -E is the logged on user that has access to the database. If that account does not have the necessary rights required to access the database, substitute with -Usa and supply the correct SA password for the database when prompted. 
    • The path (C:\SQL\data) might be different depending on where your version of SQL is installed.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Keep in mind that with epo 5.10, you have to backup and restore both databases.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

KB67591 was created to replace the 2 unpublished ones.  I will fix the old references in kb's to point to the new kb for this.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community