Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davei
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

ePO 5.10 MCP Helpdesk Permission Set

I realise this is a duplicate of https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/ePO-Permission-sets-doesn-t-able-to-define-the-....

But there was no actual solution to that post.

As an ePO Administrator, I can use MCP Helpdesk to generate Bypass codes no problem.

I am looking to delegate this permission to our servicedesk guys, who already have their own ePO Permission set that lets them do what they need to do.  I just want to add this ability to that permission set.

But I can't see a permission to add - so in 'Permission Sets', there is no 'MCP Helpdesk Actions' as there is a 'DLP Helpdesk Actions'.

I am on ePO 5.10 build 2428.
MCP Extension 2.3.5.243

Any ideas if this functionality can be enabled, or if I am looking in the wrong place etc.?

Thanks.

Davei

3 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: ePO 5.10 MCP Helpdesk Permission Set

Go to the download page, if you haven't already, and download the mcp install package.  Extract that and check in the mcp help extension.  That adds the help desk.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

davei
Level 9
Message 3 of 4

I already have the Helpdesk. And epo global administrators can use it no problem.

What sems to be missing is the ability to add access to MCP Helpdesk to a permission set so that non global administrators can use it.

Any ideas?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

let me do some testing, I will get back with you

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.