Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davei
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

ePO 5.10 MCP Helpdesk Permission Set

Jump to solution

I realise this is a duplicate of https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/ePO-Permission-sets-doesn-t-able-to-define-the-....

But there was no actual solution to that post.

As an ePO Administrator, I can use MCP Helpdesk to generate Bypass codes no problem.

I am looking to delegate this permission to our servicedesk guys, who already have their own ePO Permission set that lets them do what they need to do.  I just want to add this ability to that permission set.

But I can't see a permission to add - so in 'Permission Sets', there is no 'MCP Helpdesk Actions' as there is a 'DLP Helpdesk Actions'.

I am on ePO 5.10 build 2428.
MCP Extension 2.3.5.243

Any ideas if this functionality can be enabled, or if I am looking in the wrong place etc.?

Thanks.

Davei

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Re: ePO 5.10 MCP Helpdesk Permission Set

Jump to solution

Sorry for the delay.  I finally found the permission set.  It isn't labeled specifically mcp help deak.  Look under "Help Desk Actions" section in the desired permission set.  You should see DLP actions as well as mcp actions.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Go to the download page, if you haven't already, and download the mcp install package.  Extract that and check in the mcp help extension.  That adds the help desk.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

davei
Level 9
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

I already have the Helpdesk. And epo global administrators can use it no problem.

What sems to be missing is the ability to add access to MCP Helpdesk to a permission set so that non global administrators can use it.

Any ideas?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

let me do some testing, I will get back with you

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Sorry for the delay.  I finally found the permission set.  It isn't labeled specifically mcp help deak.  Look under "Help Desk Actions" section in the desired permission set.  You should see DLP actions as well as mcp actions.

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

adamft
Level 8
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Was looking for this too.  Found it in Help Desk Actions (as you suggest), but only AFTER I'd installed the HelpDeskTool Extension from DLP 9.4!?!?! I tried adding the "HelpDeskTool Extension" from MCP 2.1, but it's not compatible? Why was the HelpDeskTool Extension removed from MCP after 2.1? Surely it should still be in there for users who don't have other McAfee software?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution
That answer would need to come from mcp dev that removed it for their reasoning. You can always submit an Idea to add it back per kb60021.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community