Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ewas
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

ePO 5.10 CU4

Jump to solution

Is this version of ePO 5.10.0.2428  CU4,? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Re: ePO 5.10 CU4

Jump to solution

To clarify this a little better, there is a difference in the epo 5.10 refresh 4 and update 4.  All versions will still reflect the same build number - the updates don't change that.

EP 5.10O main install downloads are periodically reposted because the pre installation auditor tool has been upgraded, so the install package gets repackaged with the new PIA tool.  There is no change otherwise to the main installer.

Updates are like the patches, so they have to be installed separately and are not included in any main install package.  Each update package is cumulative, so they contain also the previous updates.  So on a new install of epo, you only need to install the latest update, and any other new ones after that.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @ewas 

Thank you for your post. By CU4, if you are referring to Cumulative till Update 4, I am afraid this does not include ePO 5.10 update 4. Please refer to this KBA (under product release information) for details on release information and corresponding release notes for each version of ePO.

5.10.0.2428 is also known as ePO 5.10 (Repost) . This was released on August 28, 2018.

I sincerely hope this information helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

To clarify this a little better, there is a difference in the epo 5.10 refresh 4 and update 4.  All versions will still reflect the same build number - the updates don't change that.

EP 5.10O main install downloads are periodically reposted because the pre installation auditor tool has been upgraded, so the install package gets repackaged with the new PIA tool.  There is no change otherwise to the main installer.

Updates are like the patches, so they have to be installed separately and are not included in any main install package.  Each update package is cumulative, so they contain also the previous updates.  So on a new install of epo, you only need to install the latest update, and any other new ones after that.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

ewas
Level 8
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Thank you, I updated from 5.9 to 5.10 and thought that this was the most recent version. 

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Yes, it does get a little confusing - glad to clarify it.

Was my reply helpful?

Want to Ask a Question?

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community