cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO 5.10 Agent deployment stucks at "in progress"

Jump to solution
Hello Community,  we have some issues deploying agents to our clients. Assigning an agent deployment task to a client stucks at "in progress 0 %". It is also important to mention that we did migrate from the old epo 5.3 (on Windows 2008) to 5.10(including U4, Windows Server 2016). Unfortunately we did not stored the agent / server communication keys. So and the idea behind is to reinstall the agent using new ePo.  Thank you guys in advance  
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: ePO 5.10 Agent deployment stucks at "in progress"

Jump to solution

finally  I was able to get the agent communication 

I followed this article: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=kb90182

Thx guys. 

The case can be closed

4 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution
How specifically are you deploying the agents - several at a time, server task, etc? Are the agents still talking to the old epo server? If so, there might be a better option of taking the agent from new server, wrap it in eedk, check it into old and deploy it from there using an assigned client task. Otherwise what errors do the server logs show on the new epo server and any agent handlers? They will show a push agent status of failed or succeeded.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Hi, 

what was done so far:

Old system: 

ePo 5.3.1 on Windows 2008R2 and MSSQL 2008

Prior migration I have create a DB snapshot. 

New System: 

ePO 5.10 on Windows Server 2016 and MSSQL 2017Sp2

Before installing the ePO DV was first imported. Installation with "recovery" option was done without any issues. All settings and tasks were applied correctly. For test purposes I've assigned an agent deployment task to one machine. The Server-Task-log shows "in progress". After about 6 hrs nothing happened. Same state "in progress 0 %" . I've tried to apply a CU4 Update. Unfortunately without success (see log file)

My case: 4-20249460093

Thank you

Kind regards

Jump to solution

I was able to install Update4 after changing the database compatibility mode to 130. 

But nevertheless I still have the issue with the deployment of agents. The Problem is similar to the tread: 

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/Agent-Deployment-tasks-don-t-work/td-p/328595

Sub-Task is empty.  

Highlighted

Jump to solution

finally  I was able to get the agent communication 

I followed this article: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=kb90182

Thx guys. 

The case can be closed

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community