Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skoeben
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

ePO 5.10.0 Updates

Hi,

A few weeks ago I posted a question about a problem I was having in ePO 5.10.0 (update 2) that should normally already be resolved with update 1.

Somebody suggested doing a rollback of update 2 and re-install it. It tried this but it did not work. So now there is a new update, update 3 and I installed it this morning. But it seems like non of the issues that should be resolved with these updates is really resolved.
I also noticed that in Server Settings, Server Information, the "Update Installed:" field is blank. So I suppose none of the updates are actually applied.

So now I want to do a rollback of update 3, update 2 and update 1. Then I can re-aplly them 1 by 1 and see if the field is filled in and if the issues are resolved.

The problem is that I no longer have Update 1 and I can't seem to find it anywhere on the site. Could someone send me a link to this file?

Kind regards,
Skoeben

11 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 12

Re: ePO 5.10.0 Updates

The updates are cumulative so update 3 would include all of them.

Check the upgrade log for any failures.  It may say it was successful but not everything installs.  When you run the install, click on details as it is running and it will show you a green check by everything that installed and a red x by any part of it that failed.  Most likely some pieces installed and others didn't. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Skoeben
Level 7
Message 3 of 12

Hi,

After installing update 3 I did check and every check was green.

I also understand the updates are cumulative  but I think there was already a problem when I installed update 1, and this doesn't seem to get resolved with the later updates.

Now, when I do a rollback of update 3, he still says update 2 is still installed. And when I rollback update 2 he says upfdate 1 is still installed. So I need the install files for update 1 to do a rollback of this update as well. I can not do a rollback without the install file.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 12

ftp://custftp2.nai.com/outgoing/cdinet/EPO_5.10.0_Update1.zip

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Skoeben
Level 7
Message 5 of 12

Thank you very much.

I'm going to tr it now, I hope it helps.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 12

Me too!  Let me know

Was my reply helpful?

Skoeben
Level 7
Message 7 of 12

So I think I found the problem. I uninstalled update 3, no problem. Then I uninstalled update 2, no problem either.

No I started Update 1 to uninstall it. But now, when I click on rollback, he simply gives "Failed To Rollback" right after started the rollback. It's like he doesn't even try to uninstall it.

Tried it 20 times, restarted, stopped services,... but I can not uninstall Update 1.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 12

Can you send me the log from the failed rollback please?

caryn_dinet@mcafee.com

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Skoeben
Level 7
Message 9 of 12

Hi,

Could you tell me where I can find the lof file?

I've been looking for it myself but I couldn't find it.

Kind regards,

Skoeben

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 12

Look under $temp$\mcafeelogs (you may have to back up a folder to the root of the temp, then mcafeelogs).  Otherwise you can check in windows\temp\mcafeelogs, but typically it is under the user's profile temp dir.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community