cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ePO 5.1 upgrade results in agent deployment status "in progress "

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my ePO from v4.6.6 to v5.1 and found that the Automated Response deployment of the ePO agent has resulted in a permanent status of "in progress 0%" for deployment attempts to entities that cannot support an agent (switches, appliances, failed authentications, etc.). All future deployments show a status of "waiting" and never start. Has anyone seen this behavior? It seems I can't be the only one! Web searches aren't coming up with much.

thanks,

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: ePO 5.1 upgrade results in agent deployment status "in progress "

Jump to solution

After working with a support tech for a couple weeks, the issue was resolved after:

Modifying Server Settings, Scheduler Tasks, Total Maximum Tasks-24, Max tasks per core-6 (note server is 4 core, 8Gb RAM)

Modifying Automatic Responses, Agent Push, added property New Detection Equals True, and modified Abort After from 30 to 5min. (numberj of attempts 3, retry 30sec.)

To verify, I deleted all my rogue detections after which for successfully aborted push attempts were logged.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Moved to ePO for better support.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I've seen similar issues after the 5.1 upgrade. Client task do not timeout anymore when doing a agent wakeup on a offline client. The abort after... value is not used anymore? These tasks need to be manually terminated in ePO now...

Message was edited by: jelmerm on 11/20/13 5:11:49 AM CST
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Did you ever get a fix for this? I'm having a similar issue if I try to push an agent or even a wake up agent to a computer that is powered off the task never completes and gets stuck with status 'In Progress'.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Yes, i've got hotfix 1 from mcafee support which fixed the issue:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79875

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi, how to install hotfix 1?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Tried the hotfix but it didn't resolve the problem. Currently being worked on by support which has a copy of my database. Note that my issue is only with agent push's initiated by the automated response task.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

The Hotfix resolves most cases, otherwise there are additional suggestions in KB79875 now.

If the issue still remains then let support know you've followed all the steps in the KB and that the issue still remains.

They should be able to take it from there.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

After working with a support tech for a couple weeks, the issue was resolved after:

Modifying Server Settings, Scheduler Tasks, Total Maximum Tasks-24, Max tasks per core-6 (note server is 4 core, 8Gb RAM)

Modifying Automatic Responses, Agent Push, added property New Detection Equals True, and modified Abort After from 30 to 5min. (numberj of attempts 3, retry 30sec.)

To verify, I deleted all my rogue detections after which for successfully aborted push attempts were logged.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community