Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
artuha
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

ePO 5.1 send mail over TLS

hi everyone,

It's possible configure ePO 5.1 for send e-mails over SSL/TLS? our mail system require authentication and SSL/TLS connection to submit mails.

Thank You

4 Replies
becke
Level 9
Message 2 of 5

Re: ePO 5.1 send mail over TLS

I'm in the same boat, ePO cannot send email. it's kind of sad/hilarious for a security company that their flagship security product doesn't have an option to send email securely.

becke
Level 9
Message 3 of 5

we resolved this by creating an exchange connector specifically for the ePO server...

artuha
Level 7
Message 4 of 5

And how do You with Exchange connector can tell ePO send messages with TLS? I'm sure that You messages and password are sent in Plain text format. Run for example wireshark an You can view Your user and password.

becke
Level 9
Message 5 of 5

you are correct, I did not mean that we fixed the issue - just that we gave up and resorted to allowing the ePO server to send e-mails in plain text with a limited user account - aware that the credentials would go over over the wire in plain text.

the product still needs to be fixed to allow emails secured by TLS. We just decided the risk was sufficiently low in our case to allow this one exception.