Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andycr
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

ePO 5.1 issues following patching with EPO510HF962156

Hi,

We recently clean installed ePO 5.1 on a 2012 server, install went OK and all services/console was running normally until we patched with the main hotfix 962156

Following patching the Application Server service wouldn't start with the familiar error below;

Event 3299:  The Apache service named  reported the following error:

>>> [Wed Jun 25 13:31:29 2014] [notice] Disabled use of AcceptEx() WinSock2 API

A clean re-install resulted in the same result - all working fine until the patch was applied.

Eventually we removed IIS from the server completely and reinstalled again. Again we got the same Apache error in the application log but this time it didn't impact the service starting so all "looks" OK now.

Browsing back through the forums it looks like this is a common issue when upgrading or patching various versions but no obvious fix has emerged.

Anyone else seen this error? Any opinions as to whether it's safe to ignore?

Many thanks

Andy

5 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: ePO 5.1 issues following patching with EPO510HF962156

That particular error is completely safe to ignore. I could have sworn we had a KB article stating that but I can't find it - I'll get one written. (There's one in the KB system but it's for a different product so you might not find it depending on how you search.)

HTH -

Joe

andycr
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Joe, that's good to hear. I'm guessing that the early errors we saw when we couldn't get the services restarted were port conflicts, uninstalling IIS seems to have settled it down a bit now, a netstat doesn't reveal any obvious conflicts.

Cheers

Andy

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

If removing IIS has solved it then I'd agree - it would almost certainly have been a port conflict, especially if you are using the default ports for ePO (80 / 443.)

I've submitted the article for publication and it should be available in a day or so.

Regards -

Joe

andycr
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

I spoke too soon, after a reboot the ePO server service started taking 24 minutes to restart and then when it did start the application server service would crash. We also found even with the services running we couldn't open the console any longer.

It all seems to be down to something this patch is doing. Without the patch ePO runs OK apart from the Apache 'error' which it seems is safe to ignore.

is there a new version out soon with the patch rolled up into it?

Thanks

Andy

itops
Level 8
Message 6 of 6

For a complete different case a Mcafee Engineer looked at our system and reviewed the Eventlog for possible errors.

When he arrived at this error he informed me that it is indeed completely safe to ignore and that's what I have been reading about it on the internet too.