Did you mean: 
ruudkr
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

ePO 5.1 : VSE not deployed to all systems

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I recently installed a new ePO server, v 5.1.0, to replace our old server running 4.5.

I created an empty ePO-environment and by AD-synchronisation, our PC's are getting a new version of the agent upon recognition. After that a client task installes a new version of VSE.

This works fine for a great deal of our systems but on some computers the new VSE is not installed.

When I run the client side task manually from ePO I get a failure.

When investigating the agent-log and the mcScript.log on the client-computer I can see that the task reaches the client-computer but it does not install anything.

When manually uninstalling the old VSE at the client-computer and then pushing it via ePO, it works!

I would like to be able to push VSE via ePO to the clients that are missing them because i do not have the time to go by every computer.

I have attached the agent.log and mcscript.log, hopefully someone here can tell me what is causing the VSE from not being deployed.

Kind regards,

Ruud - The Netherlands.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tristan
Level 15
Message 6 of 9

Re: ePO 5.1 : VSE not deployed to all systems

Jump to solution

If i'm understanding your logs correctly you already have 8.8 installed on these machines and you are trying to install 8.8 again?

At the start of the agent log it looks like your running Virusscan 8.8.0.849 (Patch 1 or 2 i believe)  and your trying to install 8.8.0.1247 (Patch 4)

I which case this will not work.

You need to apply the latest 8.8 patch to the machines with an update task and not a product deployment task.

8 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi ruudkr, can you please post a creenshot of how is this task configured?

It looks like you have distributed respositories, is the VSE package replicated on each of them?

ruudkr
Level 7
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi Laszlo,

see the screenshot:

Capture.PNG

Nothing much to configure i think.

Jump to solution

Hi ruudkr, and what about the distributed respositories, is this VSE package replicated on each of them?

ruudkr
Level 7
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

yes,

all packages are synched to the remote repositories.

Highlighted
Tristan
Level 15
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

If i'm understanding your logs correctly you already have 8.8 installed on these machines and you are trying to install 8.8 again?

At the start of the agent log it looks like your running Virusscan 8.8.0.849 (Patch 1 or 2 i believe)  and your trying to install 8.8.0.1247 (Patch 4)

I which case this will not work.

You need to apply the latest 8.8 patch to the machines with an update task and not a product deployment task.

ruudkr
Level 7
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

I have a system that has VSE 8.8.0.975 installed, that was installed by the old EPO server.

When I deploy the client-task to install the most recent version of VSE (8.8.0.1247) to this system, it fails.

When I deploy the product update to the system like you mentioned, it still stays at 8.8.0.975 according the Agent - About screen.

Capture2.PNG

Any ideas?

Jump to solution

As Tristan says you cannot deploy a ful VSE package on a computer that already has VSE installed so you need to set an update task (not a deployment task) to update it to patch 4

IF this doesn't work then you should post the agent log at the moment you try to update the patch so we can see what's happening

ruudkr
Level 7
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi all,

problems seem to be solved when applying the update to VSE instead of deploying VSE.

Thanks for helping out.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community