Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
landreoli
Level 9

ePO 5.1.1 GUI doesn't open after installing VSE88HF1159675

Jump to solution

Hi at all,

after the installation of VSE88HF1159675 and a couple of rebbot I'm not able to openthe web console, it hangs for a while, then returns a http 500 page (server error).

As you can see in the image below seems that McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.1.1 Event Parser and McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.1.1 Server are not present in epo server services...

But seems visibles in the Task Manager

The orion logs (attached) do show a lot of exceptions being throw regarding jaas and bean factories.

I'll be googling for now, but let me know if anybody else has similar problems or know how to resolve it.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
landreoli
Level 9

Re: ePO 5.1.1 GUI doesn't open after installing VSE88HF1159675

Jump to solution

Hi,

witn KB81737  and the KB79444 we solved the problem

thank you very much at all for the support!

Luca

0 Kudos
19 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

This appears in *Educational Services* as well?

I will ping a Corporate Moderator on your behalf to add to the discussion.

​  Could you please assist this user please?

​  Could you assist this user please?

​ Could you assist this user please?

Hope this helps...

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
tao
Level 13

Jump to solution

Just a little background:

Virtual or Physical ePO Server?

SQL or SQL Express (separate server or installed on the same server as ePO)?

The following is just for the apache service; take a look at the "Workaround":

Apache service is missing from the secondary node after a successful upgrade to ePolicy Orchestrator 5.1.x or 5.3.x Technical Articles ID:   KB87323 Last Modified: 6/17/2016

McAfee Corporate KB - Apache service is missing from the secondary node after a successful upgrade t...

You can also try booting in safemode, double check the ePO services. If there, uninstall all of VSE880, since VSE88HF1159675 was the last install before the issue started it would be best to completely remove VSE880 all together.  Reboot normally, check ePO services, if there - reinstall VSE880.

0 Kudos
landreoli
Level 9

Jump to solution

Virtual server with SQL espress on the same server

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Jump to solution

Hello,

first of all, do you have a backup of your EPO Server and the EPO database? So always do a backup before any update. This does not look like a common Problem when Services are missing. If Tomcat and Apache are running, there should be a Service anywhere. Otherwise you won´t see the process names.

Based on the Orion log.

• How much space is available on your Disk System?
  • What is the size of the EPO Database

The Log Shows some error where some files cannot be moved.

2017-03-29 12:00:19,537 ERROR [http-bio-8443-exec-49] services.SoftwareCatalogService  - Error saving new entry to EPOMasterCatalog.

2017-03-29 12:05:35,220 ERROR [pool-1-thread-45] commands.RunClientTaskListener  - Unable to get tasklog entry from the listener cache using the correlation id, can't put the status in the server task log.

2017-03-30 10:58:17,883 ERROR [core-EventDispatchService-thread-1] query.DefaultOrionQueryService  - Could not migrate the query ( id = 95, name = Connexo: McAfee Agent not installed ) due to an unexpected error

com.mcafee.orion.core.query.sexp.UnknownSexpTypeException: parser encountered unknown S-expression type: stateEq

I see many Caused by: java.io.IOExceptions.......

From my perspective something went massively wrong

Just a, mayby silly, question. Have you checked the Access protection log of VSE?

From my side, i´m try to understand how a VSE Hotfix can Impact EPO and EPO Services.... i never saw that.

Finally, is this right. You installed VSE8.1 HF1159675 directly on the EPO Server?

Cheers

0 Kudos
landreoli
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hello,

The following answers to your questions:

- Do you have a backup of your EPO Server and the EPO database?  Yes but I want to understand what happened and do a restore as a last resort.

- How much space is available on your Disk System? 38,5 GB free of 79,8 GB

- What is the size of the EPO Database? DB folder is 3,81 GB

- Have you checked the Access protection log of VSE? Yes we have only this message

04/04/2017 11:32:53 Bloccato dalla regola di protezione dell'accesso NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\Windows\system32\mfevtps.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\vtp_catcache Protezione comune standard:Impedisci modifica di file e impostazioni McAfee Azione bloccata: Scrittura

You installed VSE8.1 HF1159675 directly on the EPO Server? I have installed from check in package in ePO

And from March 30 epo not download the dat and does not distribute it to the clients and agent handler

Thank you Luca

0 Kudos
landreoli
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi,

I did a restore of the virtual machine of the 28/03 date of a few days before the installing the hotfix and gives me the same error...i don't know what can i do

Thank you

0 Kudos
landreoli
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi Tao,

We checked the services with epo server in safe mode and are.

In particular not in safe mode I found the apache services in starting, as you have suggested there is to uninstall all VSE880 there is a procedure or kb with the procedure proper uninstallation.

Thank you

0 Kudos
landreoli
Level 9

Jump to solution

​ can you help me

0 Kudos
tao
Level 13

Jump to solution

You should be able to uninstall VSE through the control panel (double check your access protection isn't blocking the uninstall) or through the command-line: McAfee Corporate KB - How to manually remove VirusScan Enterprise 8.x using msiexec.exe KB52648

0 Kudos